Honey

Matt

Since the day Chris and I talked about her in the car, I didn't have any plans to break the promise I made him make. I hadn't even thought about it to be honest.

But the night Violet and I went for groceries, before I'd gone downstairs and seen her at the table, I'd been in a good mood. Me, Nick and Chris had gotten along for the whole hour, we'd had some good laughs, and I was on a high. When I headed downstairs to grab a snack from the fridge, she sat at the table so quietly, so calmly, and I felt like I could finally talk to her, like I wouldn't be awkward, like I could be myself. And that's what I did. It was a moment of inspiration and I took advantage of it while it lasted.

She danced the whole car ride. Her smile was beautiful and her confidence never wavered. I don't know how she did that but it was contagious. It's like she didn't doubt herself for a second, and not in a way that was conceited or attention-seeking. She just saw what she liked in herself and was happy to be that person. It was incredible really. Something a lot of people can't relate to, myself included.

I hadn't admitted to myself that I wanted her until we were in the middle of the grocery store. I mean, I thought she was gorgeous the moment I met her, when she'd just escaped the elevator and mistook me for Chris, but wanting her? She stood in front of me in the produce aisle, told me I worried too much, popped a grape into my mouth, and that was it. I had to have her.

What I really can't believe was how quickly that panned out. She sat in that passenger seat, looked into my eyes and leaned into me.

"I think you want me back."

I immediately felt my pulse pick up and head south. One minute she was giving me sex eyes and the next I was pulling her onto me in the front seat of the car, her round ass seated perfectly on my lap, her soft lips on mine. It was the highlight of my fantasies for a few nights after that.

But holy fuck if I couldn't get out of my own head. The promise I'd made Chris make was haunting me. We'd never liked the same girl before, let alone agreed not to go after one. And that betrayal was making my guilt grow by the day. I was so scared it would be obvious if I spoke to her, that I'd give us away, so I just avoided her altogether. But I wanted to talk to her, I wanted to laugh with her, I wanted to touch her, and fuck I wanted a continuation of our car incident. So I found an excuse to get away from the guys while they were out of the house and I took it. Headed right back home, knowing she'd be there.

And there she was, all beautiful and angry at me. I didn't really mind it, I knew she wanted me and that was all I needed. She could fight it all she wanted, but we both knew it was true. She was into me and I was into her back. I wasn't scared of her anymore.

What I was scared of was what liking her, what kissing her, what having her, what the whole thing might do to Chris and I. And that...that scared the absolute fuck out of me.

One morning, I'd woken up before the guys and headed to the kitchen, my nose leading the way. Bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches. She'd made them before and I fucking loved them.

I walked into the kitchen to find her not dancing, no music. Just a calm Violet, her hair loose and her tattoos on show.

"Morning," I mumbled, feeling self-conscious about my hair and messing my hands into it in an attempt to make it behave a little.

"Morning, Matt," she replied, her eyes meeting mine and smiling. Fuck, she was so sweet. I walked up beside her and grabbed one of the finished sandwiches, leaning my ass against the counter as I bit into it. I closed my eyes as I enjoyed it, leaned my head back to look at the ceiling and just savoured it.