Confessions

Violet

It took a few days for Matt to start feeling better and the boys couldn't film like they usually did. Their entire schedule was thrown off, and it made for an interesting few days.

He'd emerged from his room a few times to shower, throw himself down on the couch, and just generally be in recovery mode.

As the week came to an end, he, Chris and I sat on the couch long after the sun had gone down, as I'd become accustomed to over the days of his sickness. I stayed over a few times, having stayed late and just generally spending time with them. Finding ourselves on the couch together was commonplace, and in the course of the past few months, we'd transitioned beyond bosses/employee and well into the familiarity of friends.

"Bro I would never wanna be able to hear people's thoughts," Chris commented about the movie we were watching. To be honest, I hadn't really been watching at all. The same thoughts that had been plaguing me all week were bubbling closer and closer to the surface. I had to tell them. "There's some things I just like...would not wanna fucking hear, you know?" he asked of us.

"No it would definitely suck but there would be advantages," Matt replied, pretty much back to his normal self, offering interesting takes when you least expected it. "You'd always know where you stood with people. That would be pretty nice," he thought out loud.

Well, this is as good of a transition into this topic as I'm ever gunna get...Now or never.

I reached out for the remote and hit pause, sitting back in my seat with a sigh of anxiety.

"What?" Matt asked, the two of their eyes on mine. I blinked for a moment as I looked between them. I rang my fingers out of stress as I found the only words I could come up with.

"I kissed both of you," I blurted out.

Silence.

I looked at Matt first, his eyebrows furrowed as he processed what I said.

"Yeah we know," he replied, reaching to take the remote from my hand. I snatched it away before he could grab it and gaped at him.

"You know?!" I turned to look at Chris who had a smug smile on his face. "What the fuck do you mean, you know?" I demanded. Matt leaned back in his seat and propped his feet up on the coffee table.

"We tell each other everything, Violet," Chris answered me. "You think I wouldn't tell him I kissed our hot chef?" He laughed as he said it and Matt laughed along with him.

My jaw hung slack as I tried to process this.

"What the fuck is happening right now," I shook my head, trying to think fast. "We promised not to say anything," I argued.

"Yeah that was an empty promise, we don't keep secrets from each other," Matt replied, looking me in the eyes, slouched down in his seat, his head against the backrest of the couch. He wore a pink tshirt and as he raised a hand to run through his hair, it rose up and showed a sliver of his torso. "But the way I see it, we all broke a promise of some sort to each other." Their calmness in this situation had me stunned and I genuinely didn't know what to say.

"Why..." I stuttered and they stayed silent as I thought it through. "Why didn't you say anything? And why aren't you mad?" The amount of questions flying through my head were coming so fast, I didn't have a chance to ask them all at once.

"Honestly," Chris replied, "we wanted to see how long it would take you." He rearranged on the couch like we were having a casual as fuck conversation. "I won, by the way."

"Won what?!" Jesus christ was the fuck was happening?

"I bet it would take you a week," he replied on a laugh.