Chapter 4: The sorting hat

The morning we were off to King's Cross Station was a mess, both Ginny and I were barely packed we ran around retrieving lost items and packing laundry leaving the room an absolute mess. We all got into the same ford Angelia Ron, Fred and George had flown to private drive a month ago, but my hopes of flying again were shattered when Mrs. Weasley said we can't fly it even though we were running very late, after going back and forth several times to retrieve forgotten items, we finally reached king's cross station, percy Weasley went first and he disappeared through the wall, now you'd think if a person sees a flying car they would be okay with someone disappearing through a wall, but my mouth hung open nonetheless, Harry chuckled next to me.
   "don't think about, just walk and try not to attract attention" said Harry, Ginny offered her hand which I begrudgingly took, and we walked to the wall alongside Mrs. Weasley, I closed my eyes at the last moment, the crash didn't come but I kept my eyes closed, Ginny squeezed my hand, I opened my eyes and looked around, we were still at the station, but it was completely different, there was a sign that said platform 9 and 3/4, I looked behind me expecting Harry and Ron to emerge from the platform wall, but there was no one.
     "Where are they" said Mrs.Weasley urgently, the platform was emptying with all the kids getting in the train, I saw Hermione running towards us, before she could ask Ginny said "they were supposed to come just after us" the train made a an alarm sound meaning it's about to move, " just get in the train you three, there is no time"
    "B-but.." I stuttered not able to comprehend what was happening, "what about them? " I asked, Hermione pulled me towards the train.
     "They'll be there dear," said Mrs.Weasly reassuringly, I kept still, and the train started moving, Hermione pulled me harder this time until I started moving, and I pulled my luggage and hopped into the train while it was starting to move.

    Hermione Ginny and I barely made it in, we had to explain what happened to Percy and the twins, "they'll probably contact the school and get there another way, I would advise you not to worry about it" said Percy, "Now if you'll excuse me, prefects are supposed to gather in the last compartment" and he walked past us.
     "Don't worry, Emma they'll be okay" said Fred (or maybe goerge) noticing my face. "Yeah, sure" I said absentmindedly. We found an empty compartment and got in, I sat in the corner and put my head in my hands, Hermione sat next to me.
     "They'll be there, Emma it's not the first hard thing we've faced, nor is it the hardest" said Hermione smiling a little. "Don't you think I know that?" I snapped.
"Oh, okay just calm down it'll be okay," said Hermione quietly, I put my face back in my palms.
"Don't worry, Hermione, she's just like that" said Ginny, who was sitting across from me, I raised my head to face her.
"Like what exactly?" I felt my desperation turns into anger.
"Well, you're always sulking and rude to everyone even though I've tried being nice to you," said Ginny
"I am not rude to everyone, I'm just rude to you," I said before I could stop myself.
"What's your problem with me? What did I ever do to you?" Said Ginny starting to raise her voice.
"Hey, girls why don't we-" started Hermione nervously.
"Well, it's more the fact that you exist" I interrupted Hermione raising my voice in turn.
"But you don't even know me, so why are you acting like that? What? You think You're better than me or something?"
"I know I'm better than you" I retorted furiously.
"You know what you're a horrible person, I'm not even trying anymore," said Ginny standing up, "I have no idea how someone like you is Harry's sister" and she stormed out of the compartment.
      Hermione looked at the door looking like a cornered animal, she looked back at me, "What was that?" She asked.
"l don't know I didn't start it, she did," I said, back to my normal voice, Hermione stared at me for a while and then shrugged and looked away, I took out one of my textbooks and buried my face into it.

      The train stopped at Hogsmead, Hermione and I had changed into our school robes, Hermione had stayed with me the whole train ride and even lent me one of her books which made me feel even worse. We gathered our luggage, but before we could leave I stopped her. "Hey, Hermione, I-I am sorry I snapped at you earlier, I'm just worried about Harry" I said guiltily.
"I don't think I'm the one you should be apologizing to, Emma" said Hermione gently.
"Well you better take it, because that's not going to happen" I said and picked up my luggage, Hermione sighed and followed me muttering something about not getting a break.