12

Nials pov: 

Had a miserable night. All I could think about was this girl. After raining all night, the sky was crystal clear. Zara and I got ready to have breakfast. In the kitchen, there was no one, which is odd. Ace is an early riser and likes to make his own breakfast. Without him, the kitchen seems empty in the morning. I was laughing at my own thoughts.

"Where is everybody? I am starving," Zara's words broke my thoughts.

"Let me call Ace, and you can ask the maids to prepare breakfast." I was about to call Ace, but right at that moment, my phone started ringing. It was Ace.

"Hey man, we are having breakfast by the lake. I thought you were sleeping, so I didn't call you. Do you want to join us?" Ace's voice, beaming with joy, went through my ears.

"Yeah, why not. We will join you. It's a nice day to have breakfast under the sky." With that, I cut the call. After Angela came into our house, he is awfully happy, and I really don't like it. It irritates me so much that sometimes I want to punch him.

"Babe, Ace just called. Let's have breakfast by the lake," I told Zara. Looking at her smiling face, I can forget everything. She is everything that I need.

Our house and the lake are twenty minutes' drive away.

When we reached the destination, my very good mood was ruined. I saw our new little miss laughing and running, and my moody beta was chasing her in a playful manner. The scenery was such an eyesore.

"Do you think they are mates?" Zara asked me out of nowhere.

"I don't know, baby, but I am sure if anything serious like that, Ace would have told me."

"Maybe they are not mates, just falling in love, just like us," Zara's voice echoed through my mind. I love Zara so much. If I can marry someone who is not my mate, I can definitely accept their relationship, right? The thoughts of them together made my mood sour.

"Hey, you guys are finally here." Kayla waved at us from a distance. We went in their direction with our arms linked.

We sat on a sheet. The water was right beside us, the sky was clear, and the fresh air was creating a loving atmosphere. Angela and Ace came side by side. The more they came closer, the more I could smell Ace's scent on her, and Ace's scent is kind of heavenly, like my mate. What is going on here?