1

Angela is running; her life depends on it. She was happy in her pack, one of the most peaceful and joyous packs. However, another pack ambushed them, killing them all. Perhaps she is the sole survivor, but she doesn't know if she will survive. The other wolves are behind her. Angela is only 18 years old, and her wolf isn't strong enough to fight them yet. She runs and runs until she loses them.

She sees a large tree and sits under it. Her feet hurt badly. She shifts into her human form. Speaking of her appearance, she has beautiful golden-brown hair with blue eyes. She searches for some clothes, finding a shirt that almost reaches her thighs. The guy must have been tall, she thought to herself. She searches for food but finds nothing, so she sleeps with an empty stomach.

In the morning, she searches for food and a place to stay but hasn't found any luck. In the evening, she finds a cave near a lake. The water is so blue, and the nature is calm and beautiful. She feels a little relieved. Now she can stay here for a few days and then go to the main city to start a life, even though she doesn't know how. She still remembers her mother's last words: "Go live a life full of joy. Never be sad for us. If you stay happy, we will be also." She is not going to let her parents down. After catching some fish, she eats it raw. Now she is lying on the ground. "I lost my pack, my parents, my alpha, my friends. What else could go wrong?" she thinks to herself. Little did she know more breakdowns are waiting for her.

With a heavy heart, she closes her eyes. She is deadly tired. After some time, sleep hugs her. She dreams about the day the pack was attacked.

"Mom, I am going to school. After that, I have to go to the pack house. The alpha wants to see me personally," she says, taking an apple from the table.

"Ok, honey, but don't be late," her mom says from the kitchen.

"Baby, eat your breakfast properly," she hears her father telling her, but she is busy running to catch her bus.

After school, she goes to the pack house. She is greeted by the Luna, an amazing woman who takes care of the pack with the alpha.

"Alpha is in his office, sweetheart," Luna says to her, giving her a smile, and she heads to the alpha's office.

"Come on, girl," the alpha says with a smile.

"How are you, alpha? What did you want to tell me?" she asks him.

"Nothing, dear. I will tell you some other time," the alpha says with a smile, as if he is trying to hide something from her.

Just then, one of the patrol guards mind-links everyone that they are under attack. They were unprepared, and then all the chaos starts.

"Go to your house, Angela, and stay hidden," the alpha says with concern.

The last thing the alpha tells her is that she is more important than she knows, and then he shifts and goes to the fight.

Her sleep is disturbed by a large growl. After opening her eyes, she smells something sweet like chocolate, vanilla, lotus. It's driving her crazy. She comes out from her cave. She is still in the dark, but she can clearly see the man standing in the moonlight. He is the most handsome man she has ever seen, standing there with all his glory—dark black hair, a built body. She can clearly see his eye color, even in the moonlight—they are light green. Then it hits her; he is her mate. Her wolf howls in joy. Before she can go to him or say something, she hears her mate say, "I, Alpha Nial, reject you to be my mate." After that, he shifts and runs off without even glancing back, leaving her with a new pain, the worst pain for a wolf. Now, without family, without a pack, without a mate, she has to survive.

"Why, Moon Goddess, why? Why me? Why now?" she says, howling and crying in pain.