♡ Christmas Chaos - Inumaki x reader ♡

Ship: Toge Inumaki x fem!reader

Genre: Christmas special

...

"Finally, we finished hanging all those decorations..." Y/n sighed and stepped back to admire the magnificent tree infront of her. Every branch was adorned with either lights or baubles, twinkling tinsel weaving in-between to add even more of a festive aesthetic. Grinning with pride, she turned to face the group behind her.

Everyone looked exhausted: Yuuji, Megumi, Maki, Nobara, Inumaki and even Panda seemed to be worn out by all of that decorating. It had taken them a couple of hours to assemble the tree (even with Panda's help), and they were all more than ready to begin the highlight of the night... Binge watching Christmas movies!

Nobara stretched her arms out behind her back and huffed. "Hey Megumi, got any snacks?"

Megumi Fushiguro, the unfortunately soul whose dorm room the tree had been put in, simply nodded in reply. Nobara seemed to get the message and grinned deviously, grabbing Maki and Yuuji by the wrists and dragging them behind her into Megumi's kitchen. Shaking his head, Panda followed to supervise.

Y/n yawned and prepared to slump down on Megumi's couch, when suddenly something caught her eye. The top of the tree was still bare!

"Ugh, we forgot to get Panda to put the angel on top! How are we meant to get it all the way up there..." She groaned. After a few moments of consideration, Inumaki stood up and pulled out a notebook from his pocket, scribbling something down with furrowed brows. Holding it up to Megumi, Y/n saw his eyebrow twitch.

"No, no. Absolutely not. I'm going to the bathroom." The dark-haired sorceror rolled his eyes and left the room, leaving Inumaki and Y/n alone to sort out the angel. Curious as to what he had written in his notebook, she turned to face him.

"Hey Toge, did you have an idea or something?"

"Salmon..." He mumbled in a defeated tone. Holding up his notebook, the white-haired sorcerer looked down at the ground as Y/n read the short sentence scratched on to the paper.

"We could put Y/n on Megumi's shoulders."

Y/n blinked, looking up at the tree and then back to Inumaki.

"Hmmm... That's actually a pretty good idea! Cmon, lets give it a go!"

"B-bonito flakes!" He shook his head profusely and his face flushed red. He stepped away from Y/n and looked at the ground.

"Hm? What's wrong Toge?" She cocked her head to the side and waited patiently as he wrote something down in his notebook. His hand was abnormally shaky, so it took him a moment to finish writing. When he finally handed over the piece of paper, Y/n was surprised.

"I'm nervous to have you on my shoulders."

"Aw, you don't have to be nervous Toge!" She grinned and patted him on the head, making him bury his red face in his tall collar. "I promise, it'll be fine! We won't fall over or anything as long as we keep calm."

The persuasive smile she flashed him made Inumaki's heart thump, and he mumbled into the fabric of his collar. Tilting her head to the side once again, Y/n moved a little closer.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you... Can you repeat what you just said?"

"Hmph... Salmon..." Refusing to make eye-contact with the girl infront of him, Inumaki crouched down and motioned for her to sit on his shoulders.

"Yay! Thanks so much, Toge!" Y/n smiled and grabbed the angel out of its box, slipping it under her arm so that she could position herself onto her upperclassman's shoulders. His hands still seemed to be a little shaky; his trembling fingers dug into the flesh of her thighs as she shifted onto his shoulders, and he stood up slowly. Leaning ever so slightly forward, Y/n reached out for the top of the tree.

"Almost..." She grimaced, stretching even further and teetering dangerously on Inumaki's shoulders. His breaths were hot against the skin of her thighs as she locked her legs a little more around his neck, trying not to squeeze him too tightly but also making sure not to fall. With one finally stretch, Y/n pushed the angel with the tips of her fingers... And it slid into place a top the tree.

"Done!" The girl cheered atop Inumaki's shoulders, her hand ruffling his soft white hair as she laughed softly. "Thanks for that Toge, you can put me down now."

At her words, Inumaki looked around for a way to set her down. Slowly, he shuffled over to the sofa and lowered her towards the pillows... Until suddenly he slipped on a piece of tinsel beneath his foot, sending them both tumbling down.

Fortunately, their fall was broken by Megumi's couch (that also happened to be covered in pillow and blankets that had been prepared for the movie night). Inumaki's breaths grew panicked as he gathered his senses and turned around... Only to realise that Y/n was pinned right beneath him.

A/N: Part 2 of the Christmas special will be posted soon!

863 words