Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I was lying in my bed, staring up at the ceiling thinking the only person in my mind. Pillows and bed linens were scattered all around. I have been throwing or tossing them around the room when I think of him. After Drew found out about me having a crush on his best friend, I had avoided Jacob every time I encounter him.

First was when I walked inside the kitchen and found him feeding himself with chips, I noticed that nobody else was in the room. He was asking me about what did Drew and I talked about earlier and I assured him that he wasn't involved in our discussion. Second, when I went back to the group and sat on the pool deck with half of my legs dipped on the pool, he sat beside me and offered me a bag of chips. I declined his offer and focused my attention on tapping my foot on the water. And lastly, when we finished our pool party, all of us sauntered inside the house with wet bodies and Jacob (being the hot and sexy playboy he was) slung an arm around my shoulder. I shrugged it off making him tightened his hold, unabling myself to remove his hands off me. Drew raised an eyebrow at me playfully along with a grinning Nathan and Becca.

A knock on my door woke me up from my train of thoughts. Sitting up from the bed, I rubbed my face with my hands and sighed heavily.

"Come in," I called out. The door opened and there stood the boy whom I have a crush on. I collapsed in my bed again and turned away from him.

"You haven't been downstairs for an hour and a half." I could hear the concern in his voice. Not bothering on answering him, I felt my bed dipped and an arm wrapped around my waist. "What happened to your room? What's wrong, baby?" He whispered, his lips touching my ear.

I instantly shot up from the bed at his sudden action and he arched an eyebrow at my reaction. "What are you doing? And don't call me like that."

Laying down in my bed, Jacob smiled at me with his hands rested on the back of his head and his legs crossed over the other. He was already in sweatpants with nothing on top. My eyes wandered to his chest and down low where his six-pack abs were. Wearing a crop top and sweats, I didn't realize that he was also checking me out.

"Eyes up here." I snapped, making him look up at me.

"I was told by your lazy brother to check you up on here and make you go downstairs while he's flirting with your best friend." I grimaced while nodding at him and pointed at the door, signaling him to go outside my room. "Can I just lie here? Your bed feels comfy."

"Just don't touch anything in my room. I'll be quick." I responded and was about to walk away but his voice cut in.

"Why can't you just wear like that? I mean, girls like wearing sweats and tops that make them feel comfortable. And besides, we're not going anywhere also. We're just having a sleepover in your house," He pointed out.

"Okay," I said, dragging the word.

Having a sleepover with my brother's teammates and, I mean, his best friends will always end exhaustingly. We know sleepovers are meant for sleeping late at night or in the morning, watching a movie marathon with your friends then after being bored by them, someone suggests to play truth or dare, or never have I ever (or maybe play cards) then buy more foods if it lacks. It was always my brother who invites his friends to have a sleepover in our house. I wasn't that close to his friends then because I hate them not until Miss Paige asked me to be Jacob's tutor. The guy who came up here was my bully for three freaking years and I don't know now because he seemed different lately.

Brought back from my trance, a knock on the door erupted. "Kori? Babe?"

Jacob arched an eyebrow at me with a confused look on his face. "Yeah, babe?"