Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Silence filled the air in the car. I focused my gaze in the windshield. And if he looked in my direction, I turned my head to my right side, ignoring his stare. He was actually mad at me.

You meant it, Kori. You let him wait in the car park for half an hour.

My inner voice told me. I didn't intend to let him wait for thirty minutes. I forgot that we had an agreement about the 'tutor' thing. Gosh! It has been one hour he haven't talked to me since we drove out from the school.

We stopped in a restaurant. The most expensive restaurant in the city. A sheet of paper! Well, he was one of the lucky individuals of one of the richest couples in our place. The Fowler's also, Becca and Drew's parents. My folks? They were beyond middle class but not in the higher class like the Maxwell family. His parents were both the best lawyers and he was the only child. Maybe he was spoiled since he was born.

Definitely, providing him the best gadgets and the best things. Also the best tutors in our place, but why did he agreed to Anne? I wasn't the best in Biology, just a better one. He can refuse about the tutorial and let his parents provide the best tutor in the place, but it already happened and I will be the one to tutor him.

He turned his head fixed his gaze at me. I was nervous and my heart was beating times two the normal rate.

"Uhm, would you like to eat, maybe? I don't want you to be starving when we start studying." He shrugged and gave me a slight smile and raised a brow. Oh, he was not mad.

"So, uh, you're...uh, not mad?" I asked him quizzically. He just smiled.

"Slight, but let's just get over with it. Let's go inside." He got out from the car and went straight to the restaurant. He was, but a slight one.

I also got out from the car and followed him inside. Sitting in one the table-for-two, he talked to a waitress, probably ordering drinks. The waitress left him and went inside the kitchen. I went near and sat across him. He affixed his gaze to me and handed me the menu.

"I ordered their specialty. Is it okay for you, Kori?" Was he being good to me? I just nodded.

Yeah, Kori. He was being good to you. But tomorrow will be the same, always be the same, with those Jacob-bullying-you.

"What's yours?"

"Just the frappe, Jacob." I answered.

"Nothing else?" Order the whole menu, Kori. My mind told me.

"Nothing else." He nodded and gave me a smile that seems so genuinely sweet.

The waitress came back with what Jacob had ordered and placed it on our table. The aroma of spices and herbs filled my nostrils. She was like flirting to Jacob while he was looking at me. He turned to her and smiled that she'd swoon at any moment.

The red-headed girl who was in her mid-twenties, walked away with blushing cheeks and flickering eyes. Jacob's looks still charmed older women.

Smirking, he took a sip of his drink.

"The girl was flirting with you," I deadpanned.

"Jealous?" And gave me a smug of him. What?

"Why would I? I don't even like you," I defended myself with both of my brows raised.

"Oh yeah?" He was challenging me.

"Yeah." I answered him with certainty and confidence.

"Okay. Let's just finish our food so that you can ask permission from your parents. The early the asking of permission, the early you get home."