Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I woke up early in the morning because of my brother, as always. He slid the curtains to the side to let the sunlight hit my face and also, he pulled the duvet cover off. Blinking my eyes for a few times, I sat up and rested my back on the headboard.

"Not this time, Kryss." I said while rubbing my eyes, staring at him like I was having a grudge on him. He went closer to me and smiled sardonically.

"You're gonna be late that's why I woke you up."

As I got up, my feet touched the soft, smooth and fluffy carpet. Stretching out my arms and my body, I yawned and picked up my hotdog pillow on the floor. I turned my back and saw him lying on my bed.

"Get off of my bed." I ordered him.

"Or else..."

I was about to say something but he interrupted.

"I'll just wait for you in here. Dad left early and Mom had to go with him in France. I don't know what went inside Mom's head for her to go with Dad but I think she had to, so," I widened my eyes and grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"It's only the two of us! Yes! Yes! Yes!" I shouted and jumped like a person who just won in a lottery and hugged my brother who was now standing beside my bed. I immediately pulled away from him. It's not like I don't want my parents to be at home but it will be our first time without them. I hope Kryss won't throw a party.

"Just shower and get ready for school, yeah." He shoved me towards the bathroom.

"You sound like Mom," I uttered before proceeding into the bathroom. I barely heard him replied. The  floor tile sent tingles throughout my body.

It took me ten minutes to withdraw from the bathroom. With my bathrobe and a towel wrapped around my head, I froze at what he did. Holding my phone, Kryss quickly tossed it at the pillow.

"Are you inspecting my phone?" I cocked my eyebrow at him and smirked.

"No. I don't even know the pass code," he snapped.

"Jeez, no need to snap." I giggled at his reaction.

"Are you giggling at me?" He cocked his eyebrow and I shook my head. "I wasn't able to finish what I said awhile ago because you shut the door."

"And?"

"Andrea's gonna be here at four and she will be the one to take care of us since Mom and Dad are away," I nodded my head three times.

"How many days will they be at France?" I asked while letting my drying hair.

"Five days, I think. They will be home by Wednesday to check their patient's recovery." He answered while grinning like a child. They must be.

"That's why they called Andrea so that someone is responsible to take care for us for five days." As I said it, I headed in the direction of my walk-in closet and looked for an outfit that I could wear. I chose the black sleeveless top with a knit bat sleeve sweater coat knitwear cardigan, skinny jeans and black combat boots.

After I got my hair dried up and done changing, I walked out of the walk-in closet and collected my bag. Kryss, on the other hand, who was calling someone gaped when he saw me.

"O-okay. I'll persuade her. She'll be going," I scrunched my forehead at his words. "... Okay, I'll be taking her with me tonight..." Oh, where are we going? "... Thanks, bye." He ended the call and dropped his phone onto the bed.