Chapter 14

Momo lay awake at night, pondering what Dahyun had said.

"If there's always a reason what could Nayeon or her mom have done? And what about Chaeyoung and Tzuyu?" She wondered, as she twisted and turned for the nth time that night.

She decided that she would try to find out even just a small piece of information the next day, no matter what. But obviously, she couldn't really prepare herself for the potential obstacles she may face.

🌿🌿🌿

"I'm so hungry! I haven't had lunch since yesterday..." Sana moaned, as they waited in the queue. Chaeryeong, a couple spaces behind them, rolled her eyes. Sana paused a bit when Mina tapped her shoulder, pointing ahead of her. Momo also followed their gazes.

Ryujin was whispering something to the lunch lady, who was listening attentively. Ryujin handed her some cash before looking in the trio's direction. She thanked the woman before walking off.

Momo stepped forward and got her lunch, still feeling a little confused by what they saw. Mina was the last of the three and when she got to the front of the queue, she froze. 

The lady seemed young, and she had a mask so that only the upper half of her face was visible. That was the least of Mina's worries, however, because she knew those eyes. 

"It can't be..." She thought, walking to catch up with her friends. 

"Mitang, are you okay?" Momo asked, noticing how unnerved her best friend seemed.

"That girl is strangely familiar." Mina shuddered. "If I knew her from before I came to Japan, she's undoubtedly bad news."

"Okay, we'll keep an eye on her." Sana nodded, her expression serious. She knew that Mina wasn't telling them something, but didn't want to push her about it. The truth was, Mina had a good idea of who the mystery girl was, and she didn't want to be right.

The rest of the day would have passed smoothly if it weren't for Momo. The girl was suddenly really slow, she lost concentration, and if Sana and Mina weren't there to save her, she'd had definitely died during the mission they went on after school.

"Momoring, what's wrong?" Mina asked softly, rubbing her best friend's back as they walked to their dorm's building.

"I don't know...I just-" Momo couldn't finish her sentence before she collapsed to the floor, breathing heavily.

"Momoring?" Sana called, though there was no point as Momo had fainted. After waiting a minute, both her and Mina picked her up as they rushed to the infirmary.

"What happened to her?" The nurse asked, as he led the girls to a seat. 

"We don't know, she was fine until lunch, and then-" Sana cut herself off when something clicked in her mind.

"And then?"

"She was losing concentration and lost her reflexes." Sana answered. Her voice suddenly became layered with anger. "I think the lunch lady on duty did this."

"And I think that is not an accusation you should take up with me. Your friend will be fine, although it is odd she hasn't woken up yet. She isn't showing any signs of anything serious." The nurse said, before shooing them out.

"Did he seriously leave us to carry Momoring to the dorm? Is he even a professional?" Sana scoffed, shaking her head, and Mina whined.

"Momoring is so heavy!"

🌿🌿🌿

When they finally got Momo onto her bed, Sana began opening to door to leave. 

"Where are you going?" Mina questioned, stroking Momo's hair. Sana just put her finger over her lips, giggling.

"I have to take care of some business."

"Don't do anything stupid." Mina warned, as Sana shut the door behind her. She then sighed heavily. "What's the point in saying that? She's gonna do something stupid anyway."

🌿🌿🌿

"Shin Ryujin, am I correct?" Sana asked, her smile now psychotic. Don't lie, you would be terrified too if she had you cornered in a closet, the point of her knife touching your neck.

Ryujin nodded, clearly scared. She was shaking.

"Why would you bribe the lunch lady?" Sana asked. "It wasn't very kind of you to poison Momo."

Ryujin's terror was still overpowering all her other emotions, but confusion had entered her mind. 

"W-what?" She stammered.

"Don't act like that. I saw you whisper something to the staff."

Ryujin laughed nervously because she thought she'd be able to get away from Sana if she explained the misunderstanding.

"I wasn't saying anything about Momo! It's Chaeryeong's birthday, I was reminding her of the plan and repaying her for the cake she bought." Ryujin winced as Sana edged closer, licking the blade of her knife.

"Whatever. I don't care whether you lie or not. Just remember, if you try something like this again, you'll be seeing Lia much sooner than you'd hoped." Sana grinned, before stepping back.

"You murdered her? So it wasn't Dahyun?" Ryujin's voice shook as she finally figured out how dangerous the person she was talking to really was.

Sana held the doorknob, about to exit, before she turned her head back and put her index finger over her lips.

"It'll be our little secret."