Chapter 16

Sana was still crying as Mina wrapped her arms around her, but she was happy. She felt reassured, and that was all she needed.

"If you ever need to talk, we're here." Mina smiled. "We're all orphans anyway."

They both laughed at Mina's tragic - yet funny - joke. 

"And I'm going to find out what you did, Minatozaki Sana." Mina went stern again, recalling the previous suspicious events.

"Why can't you ever trust me? I'm older than you." Sana asked, pouting.

"By three months."

"Still a difference!"

Mina sighed, and was about to return to her bed when Sana stopped her.

"Can you please stay?" She asked, giving puppy eyes.

"Sana, it's a single bed, we aren't going to fit."

"Please-"

"No."

They went on like this for a good while, which is why Mina didn't understand how she found herself cramped into Sana's bed, cuddling her best friend.

🌿🌿🌿

"Satang! You're choking me!" Momo managed to cough out, as Sana had wrapped her arms around her neck a little too tightly while they were hugging.

"I don't care! I was so worried!" Sana shrieked, before loosening her grip slightly after realising Momo might actually pass out again, this time from lack of oxygen. Mina just watched them, smiling warmly. She covered her ears as Sana shrieked again.

🌿🌿🌿

Later that day, Mina was walking down the hall and she felt someone tap her shoulder. 

Ryujin.

She raised her eyebrow in annoyance. "Listen, if you're here to be rude, I am not in the mood-" She stopped when she noticed Ryujin was glancing around, looking more than scared.

"Please come with me. I need to talk to you." She whispered, and Mina followed her into an empty classroom. She waited for Ryujin to speak, but instead of doing so, the girl broke down into tears.

"I know you're not going to believe me, but Lia's murderer - it's Sana." She sobbed, her chest heaving. Mina felt a little bad as she already knew that, but what she didn't know was how Ryujin found out.

"What? What do you mean?"

"She told me! Look, I don't care whether you believe me or not, but please don't tell her I told you this!" Ryujin pleaded, and Mina felt a tinge of guilt. "She'll kill me! I really don't want to die, please!"

Mina just blinked at her as the girl continued.

"Also she thinks I poisoned Momo when I didn't, I really didn't! I don't even know what happened to her, but I was just planning something for Chaeryeoung's birthday!"

Although she hated to admit it, Mina had suspected Ryujin as well. But just by watching her like this, she knew she wasn't lying. She had to keep up the act, though.

"I don't believe you." Ryujin looked disappointed. "But I won't tell Sana."

Ryujin smiled gratefully, wiping away her tears. "Thank you so much!"

🌿🌿🌿

"YOU DID WHAT?" Momo exclaimed incredilously, staring at Sana who was shaking her head disapprovingly at Mina.

"I told you to trust me!"

"I didn't do anything. It was Ryujin who told me." She thought back to the encounter. "I really doubt it was her, though. She seemed sincere."

"At least Ryujin's terrified right now so she won't tell anyone!" Sana smiled, and Momo facepalmed.

"I pass out for one night and this is what you do..." She mumbled, emphasising the 'one'. She looked back at Mina who was looking troubled. "But if it wasn't her, who could it be?"

Mina had her fists clenched and she was staring at the floor.

"Hello? Earth to Mina?" Momo waved her hand in front of Mina's face. Mina looked up at her, and Momo could see fear in her eyes.

"It's her." Mina whispered, and it only took a second for the others to understand.

"You think she's here?" Sana asked, stepping closer. If they understood correctly, the suspect was no good, and one of Mina's weaknesses. 

This was definitely bad.

🌿🌿🌿

The lunch lady from the day before hadn't showed up. The trio asked staff about her but they all said she disappeared mysteriously.

The three were peacefully walking down the hallway when a girl walked past them. She smiled at Mina, and she noticed that she had bangs covering her eyes. It didn't matter, though, because Mina knew that smile. It was too familiar.

And all she could imagine were the girl's dark and threatening eyes.

🌿🌿🌿

It had been a few days, and Jeongyeon was getting impatient. Nayeon wouldn't message her, and she spent all of her time in her mother's room. She had no way of finding out more about her current situation.

"Still nothing?" Chaeyoung asked, and Jeongyeon nodded sadly, until she felt someone hugging her from behind.

"GUESS WHO'S HERE!" Nayeon shouted, giggling when she saw Jeongyeon's shocked face.

"What happened? I thought..."

"I thought so too! But then Mom was told that Mr and Mrs Kim changed their minds last minute!" Nayeon explained, practically crying. "I'm actually not going to die homeless!"

"Did you know your parents did that?" Tzuyu asked Dahyun, who shook her head. Nobody paid any attention to her silence, nobody except for three girls. They noticed that expression in Dahyun's eyes, and it was none other than regret.