Chapter 22

"I wouldn't call her my friend anymore." Mina said, taking a deep breath.

"I'M BORED! I don't wanna hear about her anymore. When do Sana and Momo come into the picture?" Dahyun sighed dramatically, and Mina chuckled.

"I'm getting to that part. I guess Jihyo must have told her other friends about what happened because some boy came to make fun of me. I was provoked and got into a fight with him, but because I was malnutritioned and weak, it was purely based from my emotions. I ended up collapsing and that's when Sunmi came to save me." She smiled warmly, and there was no more anger or sadness in her voice. "She took me to live in Japan, and I met Sana and Momo, who helped me realise it wasn't my fault at all."

There was silence for a bit, and Mina broke it.

"Come on, you need to rest." She said, but Dahyun shook her head, whining.

"No, I don't want to..." She mumbled, and that's when Mina realised the girl really was crying. She decided to listen to what the girl had to say, not for personal benefit, just for the mission. 

It was just for the mission.

It was just for the mission, right?

"What's the point of sleeping?" Dahyun mumbled. "I'm gonna wake up tomorrow anyway."

Mina just watched her, frowning.

"I don't want to wake up. I'll just find another way to ruin everything and get my parents to hate me even more." She sighed. "If I'm going to be awake, I want to be in this position with you, Mina."

The assassin was at a loss for words. She was feeling bad already that their friendship was based on lies, but she felt even worse when Dahyun said that. She really didn't know that Dahyun cared so much about it.

"But Dahyun-"

"I know, I know. But please stay?" Dahyun asked, her eyes glistening. Mina smiled.

"Okay."

🌿🌿🌿

Mina woke up on Dahyun's sofa. It was quite comfortable, but she was still mad that Dahyun got to have a lavish single dorm while she had to deal with her annoying yet loveable best friends everyday. Mina remembered that Dahyun would probably have a hangover when she woke up, so she decided to make her something. 

She checked the kitchen (yes, Dahyun's dorm was basically a suite) and she worked hard to make soup. She heard a groan as Dahyun finally emerged from her room. 

"Good morning, Dahyun." She was saying this with gritted teeth. Although she doubted that the girl would yell at her, or take her grumpiness out on her, she couldn't help but tense up. To be honest, Mina didn't know what she was expecting, but she definitely wasn't expecting Dahyun to burst into tears.

"My head hurts..." She sobbed, and Mina's lips quirked up into a slight smile. She walked over to her and squished her cheek.

"Well that's what you get for taking chocolate milk from a random girl you don't know!" She was grinning, but anyone could tell she was irritated.

"I'm sorry, I was thirsty..." Dahyun tried to apologise, but Mina shook her head.

"Then drink water!"

"What's that smell?" Dahyun asked, partly trying to change the subject, but she was also curious about the delicious scent.

"Oh. I made soup for you."