Chapter 32

"So you killed your son? Woah, you're a psycho." Momo gasped, and Dahyun shifted uncomfortably on her feet. "Looks like your daughter's regretting it though-"

"STOP TALKING!" Dahyun snapped, and Mina yawned.

"So why didn't you tape our mouths or whatever?"

"Because we want to hear your screams as you're brutally murdered." Mrs Kim replied, smirking proudly.

"So why don't you just kill us now?" Momo and Mina exchanged a confused glance. "Did we skip a step, or what?"

"Because the final one needs to be present." Mrs Kim said, and Mina couldn't contain her laughter.

"What kind of ritual is this?" 

"Ha ha, you are hilarious." Dahyun spoke in monotone. Momo turned to her, her eyes glistening with fake tears.

"Why would you do this? We trusted you..." Momo mentally rolled her eyes when she noticed Mina trying not to laugh at her acting. Dahyun looked down, sighing. Her mother noticed, and her eyes darkened. The assassins felt her passive aggressive aura shift to a threatening aura.

"Dahyun." The woman spoke, and her daughter tensed. "I was under the impression that you didn't want to turn out like your brother." She tutted disapprovingly. "Honestly, and just when you were finally beginning to make me proud..."

"Manipulation." Momo thought, huffing quietly.

"But, I- I just don't want to kill anyone. You never said I would have to..." She hesitated. "You just said I needed to lure them in, and I did!"

"That was pure luck. You couldn't have acted any more obvious." Mrs Kim's tone changed to a kinder one, but anyone could tell that it was fake. "Come on, Dahyun. These girls killed your father."

"Tried to! Y'know, cause, we kinda passed out!" Mina called out, her voice layered with exasperation.

"Same thing." Mrs Kim said, shaking her head. She took a deep breath. "You know what? Fuck this. You're getting annoying." She pulled out a gun, pointing it at Mina first. "I guess we aren't going for the ritual anymore, hope you're happy about that."

Dahyun quickly followed, pointing her gun at Momo.

"Any last words?" She asked, and Momo nodded.

"Uh, yeah, actually. Have you ever watched an action movie?" The assassin asked, causing Mrs Kim to scoff, while Mina just gave her a knowing look.

"Of course I have. What kind of question is that?" Dahyun answered, laughing.

"Well then. Doesn't that mean you should know that the villain should never waste their time on a monologue, because that leaves time for the characters who everyone forgot about to make a plan?"

Before Dahyun could question it, Jihyo kicked her in the head. Sana rushed over to Momo first, untied her, then hurried to Mina.

If she were to be completely honest, Mina preferred it when she was tied up watching the two talk. It wasn't because she was enjoying getting taunted by them, it was because she managed to distract herself from the pain in her leg.

"Are you gonna be okay for now?"

Mina noticed that Sana had a slash above her chest. 

"Are you gonna be okay?" Mina asked, and Sana smiled.

"Don't worry about me." She helped Mina up, before preparing to fight again. The assassin charged towards Mrs Kim first, giggling.

"Oh, yeah, we killed your dad by the way!" Sana exclaimed, looking at Dahyun, who stared at her in horror.