Chapter 5 : Maya (Reputation version 2.0)

I wake up suddenly....sweat all over my forehead and breathing heavily.
I'm so much used to sleeping paralysis and nightmares that I can literally differentiate when it's not real. I had to wake up or else because of nightmare I would have painted my back again...with my nails.

I check the time, it's 7 am already and then I realise it's Monday too. First day of college.
I leave the bed and get ready as soon as possible.

"Good morning! You're ready already?" Riya wakes up.

"Good morning...yeah!!" I do my routine make up including just a cream and lip balm.

Riya checks the time and realises that she's going to be late on the first day of the college so she rushes towards the bathroom.

I pack my bag and leave for the college.
"I'm leaving."
"Yeah! Yeah! I will trail after you." Riya replies in a hurry.

I walk downstairs greeting other students and cleaners.
I see a cleaner mopping the floor, so I stop and wait there only.

"You can walk on it dear, everyone's walking..." She says sadly.

"I'll continue once it's soaked." I say with a positive smile, which I think made her day.
She smiles back.

After waiting for 2 minutes I walk outside while saying goodbye to the cleaner.
"Have a good day dear." Wishes she.

I walk to college. It's 3 km but I can walk. I remember pride and prejudice...alike Elizabeth Bennett, I'm also fond of walking.

I reach the college with a white coat on my grey shirt. This feeling of white coat and stethoscope is something I worked for. It's something I gave my blood, sweat and tears for.

I step inside the college, it's as huge as I imagined. No doubt, why it's the most expensive college in the country, but because of that exam, I was able to get into it. I'm hoping that my first day would be the best day that I'll never forget it...

As I was thinking while walking in the campus I get a pamphlet from a tall and fashion star kind of girl. Her face was covered in a cake of makeup and her high heels was ticking while walking. She throws the pamphlet on me like a glass of water.

"Oh my god! I guess you came through the examination, right?!" She says in her never ending attitude.

"Yeah!" I reply while taking a look at the pamphlet.

"Oh well, then I think you should give it back to me...cause it's not for street girls. Well if you want some donation or some old clothes to wear, tell me... I'll give you mine." She laughs with her two more girls standing behind her.

I smirk-
"Well, do you know what's the similarity between this pamphlet and your 'help'?"
I say with a deep and confident tone.
She stops laughing but the attitude isn't gone.
"...both were unasked!" I complete.

She's about to open her mouth to curse as she's shocked by this return attitude of mine.

"Wha..." She goes.

"And do you know what's the similarity between this pamphlet and you?" I continue while crushing the pamphlet in my hand and with same attitude I walk towards the dustbin kept not so far away from me.

"You both belong to the same place." I taunt while throwing it into the dustbin.

She loses control and wants to curse me so much, but my unbroken eyes contact is minimising her courage constantly.
So she looks here and there and turns back to the classroom with a warning eyes.

"Oh! Now I'll never forget my first day." I taunt myself.

I walk into the classroom and find a seat for myself.... separately.

I check my phone again to see if Neha replied me or not....as expected, Not!

Teachers came and gave their lectures, since it's the first day so it was quite light. We introduced ourselves to each other and me not giving so much information about myself to anyone.

As it's about to departure I see a notice on the notice board. And What!!! I can't believe my eyes.
Did I manifest while writing in that café?! Noway!! I'm about to scream but I control myself.
It's a notice about an another exam which will be on next Monday....and most interesting part is that whoever heta the 1st rank in this exam will get an apartment in the neighborhood building.

"I saw that building while traveling to hostel and wished that I could own an apartment there." I talk to myself. I run towards the hostel and start preparing for the exam.
As so many students will study their assess off, I have to study more than anyone else.
This is such a golden chance for me to finally live my dream life, I cannot miss this opportunity, I cannot!! And the best thing is that the syllabus that's is going to come in the exam was the deleted syllabus that was about to come in the entrance exam, but since I didn't know about it, so Dr. Sharma and Sara prepared me for that too. So all I have to do is just revise it.

"Yes!!! The 1st Rank is mine and so is the apartment!" I command.

I don't forget to take care of myself while studying for the exam and my regular classes. I eat properly as I promised Sara. I take care of my body and skin.
I go for walks everyday as a break and since I love nature...I visit the garden whenever the warden allows me. And as I made her my friend, so she allows me most of the time.
I can't wait for the Monday.
I tell about this to Sara and Dr. Sharma and as I imagined, they also said that the apartment is mine...as I'm going to win this.
"Oh god!!! I don't even remember when I was this much happy last time." I exhale a relaxing breath.