Chapter 6 : Maya (Wait! Did I manifest that shit?!)

We come out of the exam hall.

"How was the exam?" Riya asks.

"I solved all the questions...just afraid of negative markings." I say worriedly.

"What about you?" I ask back.

"Not bad....but not good." She replies with an embarrassing smile.

We return to the hostel...and the room is totally a mess. Riya's stuff is all over the floor...bed, even on my bed and desk.
I remove her stuff whenever I study or sleep.
I decide to check the paper and sit on the chair, moving her clothes aside.

"689, out of 720." I calculate the marks.
It's so much lesser than expected. Well the paper was quite difficult too.
I get upset, and move outside the room to get some air.

"I got 692." I overhear a voice from the room next to mine.

"Shit!!! That means the apartment isn't mine. That means I still have to wait..." I get so much disappointed.

"What happened dear?" The cleaner asks.

"Nothing!" I say with a smile.
I sit a bit with her and talk a bit. She tells me about her family and how her husband left her and her daughter.
As she was telling me...all I could remember was my mamma. She also left us....Me.
Her daughter is just 10 years old. I pat her head and play with her a bit.

After sitting with them I go back to my room and start studying for my regular lectures....

"Whatever it's. Gotta study. If not now, then later.... I'll definitely work hard and buy a house on my own."
I motivate myself, with tears in my eyes, but I don't let them fall and start writing.

*Notification*

Sara : Hey fighter! How was the exam...when are you giving us party in your new apartment?!🥳🥳

Me : 5 years later.

Sara : What?! Why?

Me : I just overheard someone got more marks than me😞...I don't know if that girl will get the first rank or not...but it's definitely not me.😔...but I think I'm happy for her.

Sara : Don't worry Maya. But trust me, a brighter future is waiting for you. I can see it...I can feel it😊🤗

Me : Thanks Sara. I've to study. Bye, take care 💖✨

Sara : Bye...take care... everything will be fine.

I like the message and drink some water.

I decide to go to the café again.
I studied there most of the time for my examination. It's a quite and peaceful place....Peace is something I need, that's why I worked so hard for this examination so that I could have my own house, where I can live peacefully.

"But whatever, let's stop thinking about that anymore Maya" I alert myself.

*Result Declaration Day*

"Today's the day, when that lucky girl will get her own home." Riya says.

"Yeah!!" I stay calmed and smile.

"Let's go check who that lucky is!" She takes my hand before letting me say no.

We run to the campus where the function is going on.

"College VVMB is very lucky to get brilliant students like you all. You all scored so well in the exam, some students have even got same scores too. This exam was declared out of the blue I know...the new Director of our college came up with this another wonderful idea to support students to step towards their dreams with the help of knowledge...." One of the Board member gives speech before declaring the result.