Chapter 10 : Maya (Daylight<<<Moonlight)

"What happened Maya?! Why are you looking upset?" Riya asks as we are in practical lab doing anatomy's practical.

"Nothing. Just didn't get enough sleep!" I tell.

We leave the Lab for a break.

"Hey Maya! How are you doing?!"
I hear a familiar... disgusting voice.
Oh it's Karan, the boyfriend of Mayra.

"Remember me!" He says with a bright smile.

"Oh yeah! What now? I've not seen your girlfriend since that day!" I tell him before he makes another fuss.

"No Darling... you'll be so happy that Myara and I broke up." He says with the same disgusting tone.

"And why would I be happy because of that?" I ask with fully taunting voice.

"Listen! That day...you impressed me so much. So, I'm giving you a chance to date me." He announces like he is the owner of the college and me.

"What?!" I get surprised.
"Oh hello!! Shut the fuck up! If you don't wanna get insulted by me in front of the whole college again, just mind your own fucking business! And stay away from me." I warn him.

"See Maya, you are driving me crazy. I like you so much and you also like me, I know. C'mon I'm the most handsome man in the whole college... everyone wants to be my girlfriend, but consider yourself lucky that I'm proposing you." He brags which is making me more frustrated.

"Most handsome? And man?! Huh! Well boy, I used to think that you look like a Raccoon but....I was wrong! Even a Racoon looks better than you!" I reply back and freeze him.

"You..." He is going to spit the shit again.

"You listen to me. Don't you get tired of getting insulted by me everytime you talk to me." I interrupted him.

"Fuck you!" He swears.

"Fuck off!" I reply with same attitude.

He leaves with anger and fire in his eyes.
I take a deep breath and move to the class, ignoring other students gossiping about me.

*Bell rings*

It's 3 pm, and departure time.
I walk back to my building after greeting goodbye to everyone including Riya and other friends and the servants in the college.

I open the door without noticing anything about Neil's apartment.
I sit for 10 minutes, with a blank mind. I lift up the remote to play some songs but I don't feel like listening them anymore.
I just lay down on the sofa there only.

"....you are the worst friend a person can ever have!!" Neha's words are repeating in my mind and I just can't help but let the tears flow down from my eyes.

I get up and wipe my face and go to the Balcony and sit there on the floor.

*After sometime*

I check my phone and it's already 7 pm now.

"...you are the worst friend a person can ever have...." Neha's words are not leaving my mind.

Everytime a traumatizing thing happens to me, I don't cry because of that particular thing only, I cry because of that every single thing that happened to me but I survived it without a tear.

"....you know Maya, you're the worst thing that happened to me...why did you have to born? Why didn't you die when you were borne!!" I remember my mother's curses when I was just 10.