caffeine {fyodor dostoyevsky} pt.1

_______________________

Summary 

Working at the cafe was full of ups and downs. With Chikako slacking off and the never-ending tasks you must do to compensate for her incompetence, your workplace is equivalent to hell.

But, hell finally let loose and freed itself, when a certain person decided to step into the cafe and do the most unpredictable and nerve-wracking things you couldn't even imagine.

It was none other than Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

_________________

The atmosphere of the cafe is what anyone has to live for. The background music that was just filled with classical music, the subtle chattering amongst people, the ambience that brings nothing but tranquillity, this is a place that can be renamed as heaven, for the ones that were looking for some type of peacefulness from a hectic and tiring day.

Well, that applies for customers though.

That's not the case for the workers . And unfortunately, you are one of them.

If you were to list out works that you have associated yourself in and can be described as overworked and underpaid, working at this cafe sure can be at the top of the list. Might as well say it had been ranked number one out of all the jobs you ever had. You thought gaining experience as a barista can give you many benefits and handy skills that you probably need and like they always say, being in a new environment can bring a new 'you' and hidden potentials of yourself that were deemed to be unknown will unintentionally be revealed.

You figured it was cool to see baristas doing art on their coffee like making shapes like leaves and whatsoever. You thought maybe, this minimalist and simple work and lifestyle is what you have been craving for in life so bad all this time.

But how wrong you were.

It all just turns out as something that's the opposite of whatever you imagined. You realised how you have romanticised this barista job so much and you thought you will be wearing cute aprons, making coffee happily and serving the customers with an endless smile etched on your features.

Oh, how dare you to ever even think that being a barista is anything but depressing?

Especially with this cafe that is well known and occupied with customers, all the damn time (bolding these words are necessary for emphasis), like every hour is a peak hour ...You can say that the barista life that you gaslighted yourself about can just be in your wildest dreams, because it was too far from what you imagined.