caffeine {fyodor dostoyevsky} pt. 3

The view of the sky from the alleyway sure was as gloomy and dark as it is

The view of the sky from the alleyway sure was as gloomy and dark as it is. It's like the whole surrounding you're in right now is reflected onto the sky.

It's not making things any better indeed.

Maybe a tiny amount of incinerable light can help. To not make anything right now seem so melancholic and sorrowful.

You had your lighten up cigarette, placed between your fingers, might as well say the only source of light was from the fire that was accumulating around the tobacco rod, forming puff wattage at the edge of it.

You then move the cigarette near your mouth and inhale the taste of the so-called burned newspaper that was masked with the aroma of tobacco. It sure was not as satisfying as you hope it will be or it does not help you cope with anything at all.

Like they always say, cigarettes don't solve your problems. It just adds on more to what you already have and what you have to bear.

You have no idea when was the last time you promised yourself to finally quit smoking but when you had stopped working your old job, you never repeated that lie to yourself ever again.

It's like you're just letting yourself self-destruct and ruin yourself whenever you have the chance you can get.

Cigarettes kill you slowly.

That sounds very nice.

And it does practically, kills you on the inside and you can't tell if it crushes your own soul even more.

You let out a puff of smoke onto the thin air, gazing at how it disappears so instantly that it amuses you.

Why can't your emotions be like that?

Why can't it just fade away like cigarette smoke?

Things wouldn't be so complicated if it did, wouldn't it?

"So how many times are you going to alter my memory?"

You knew it.

You not just knew it today if you're being honest, you can already see the signs since yesterday.

There's no turning back now, is it?

There's no use denying it when he finally said that sentence.

How many times, huh?

You can hardly remember.

And it's funny to know that even if this situation has happened many times, he proceeds to use the same sentence all over again, to show to you how he is now aware of what you have done to him.

This man literally has an IQ that exceeds 200, he could've just got creative and used a different type of sentence now, right?

He can think of many but you bet he refuses to do so. He will not do things for no reason, even the slightest action or move from him means something. He sees everything like chess, on how even the most insignificant chess piece that was moved to a place that doesn't make sense, actually does for him, that not normal people can comprehend.