Finding Light After Darkness

This one shot was requested by BF_1352. They asked for a story where Lauren and Elliot's families meet each other for the first time following the defeat of SOMBRA. They also requested the one shot include the couple going on their first date since SOMBRA's fall.

"Please don't embarrass me, you guys!" Elliot begged his family as they disembarked the plane after arriving at their destination of Sydney, Australia.

Esther grinned cheekily, "but where's the fun in that?!"

"Esther," Evangeline says in a warning tone.

The girl heaved an overdramatic sigh, "fiiiiine! I'll save my stories for next time!"

Cedric chuckles, patting his grumbling son's shoulder, "sorry, son, but you know that's the best you're going to get!"

Elliot continues grumbling as he and his family finish grabbing their carry-on bags and exit the plane. They walked through the tunnel connecting the plane to the airport and entered the vast building alongside the rest of the passengers. Cedric led the way to the baggage claim, and once each member of the Clayton family had grabbed their suitcase off the moving conveyor belt, they headed to the main entrance. But just as they walked outside, a call of Elliot's name drew the family's attention to the right.

Lauren and her fathers were standing at a pick-up spot waiting for them. In the teenager's hands was a large sign she had made that read "The Clayton Family" in bold lettering with drawings scattered across it to represent each member. Behind the three were two vehicles, a small car and an SUV. Lauren beams even brighter when she and the Claytons make eye contact, and her fathers, Louis and Omar, smile in greeting from behind her.

Louis was a fair-skinned man of average height with broad shoulders and lean muscles. He had layered black hair, just brushing his shoulders with a deep red streak through the bangs and soft green eyes similar to Lauren's. His clothes were dark, consisting of black jeans, a dark gray shirt underneath a black leather jacket and black sneakers with red laces. He had a layered necklace with a red pendant on the longer silver chain and a silver star on the other. He was fidgeting with a pair of sunglasses, drawing attention to the gold ring on his left hand.

Omar was slightly taller than Louis (though that could be more due to his heeled boots), with a slimmer figure and skin several shades darker. His short blond hair was well-kept and neatly trimmed, showing off the small diamond stud earrings piercing his lobes. His clothes were brighter than his husband's, and Omar wore tight, black fake-leather pants, a deep red shirt that was tight on his torso before the bottom flared out in the back, a cropped brown jacket and matching boots. Like Louis, a wedding band was wrapped around his left ring finger.

"You made it!" Lauren chirped, shoving her sign into Louis's hands before running forward to hug Elliot, "I've missed you, Eli!"

Elliot returns the warm hug, secretly savouring the scent of Lauren's shampoo, "it's only been a few weeks since New York, Lori."

She grins, "which is too long!"

"She hasn't stopped planning your visit since she got your arrival date," Louis chuckles in a deep Australian accent, "I hope you didn't already have plans because Lauren's got everything scheduled down to the bathroom breaks!"

"Daaaad!" Lauren whined, her cheeks bright red, "it's not that bad! I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't miss the best sights!"

"We look forward to everything you have planned, dear!" Evangeline smiles, "and it's a pleasure to finally meet your family!"

"The honour is ours," Omar replies, "Lauren's told us so much about Elliot and his family; we feel as if we've known you for years!"

"All good things, I hope!" Cedric jokes lightly to hide the fear inside, thinking about his tangled past with SOMBRA.