But Everything is Perfect

[Author’s notes: Sorry for not updating in a while. I've been a little busy, so to make up for it, I will be posting another 
chapter right after this one. enjoy.]

Third Person POV
It’s the middle of May, and they wrapped up filming a little over a month ago. Grant and Candice have been dating for about 2 years now, but they have kept it pretty private but not secret because they never confirm or deny their relationship because Grant thinks it’s better that way. Recently, though, Candice has noticed a shift in Grant’s behavior and is determan to get to the bottom of why. 

Candice’s POV
Grant and I are back in L.A. for hiatus, before we go our separate ways to visit our families, but before we leave in a week I’m gonna talk to Grant about why he is being so distant. At first I thought he was cheating on me but then I realized we are together 24 hours of the day and even when he does leave for a little he calls me every hour and texts me every 30 minutes to make sure I’m ok, which only makes this conversation a lot harder. I texted Grant and let him know that I wanted to talk when he got home, so he is on his way now. I really hope this doesn’t end in a fight because we don’t fight often. 

Grant’s POV
I’m honestly really nervous to go back home because it means that I can’t dance around my feelings anymore, I think I’m gonna break up with Candice. I honestly never thought this would happen and if I’m being honest I don’t want it to happen because she is still my dream girl, the girl I can see a future with, the girl I wanna marry and grow old with, the girl I wanna start a family with, the girl that I’m in love with, and the girl that is my entire world, and yet with all that somehow and I don’t know why but I feel like it would be better for us to just be friends best of friends actually because I couldn’t live without her. I can’t stand to break her heart but honestly I feel like my heart is already shattered because I’m the happiest I’ve ever been with her by my side and maybe one day I will find that with someone else but for now I can’t even begin to think about moving on anytime soon. By the time my thoughts are not consuming me anymore, I realize I am outside of C’s apartment with tears flowing down my face as I knock on the door. This is gonna be the worst day of my life.

Candice’s POV
I open the door to see Grant with tears running down his face, and before I can even say anything, he walks in, shuts the door, and starts talking. G: “C first and foremost I wanna say that I love you and you are and will always be everything to but-” I get really scared because it sounds like Grant cheated on me and that was the last thing I was expecting today. C: “Baby you’re scaring me” G: “C I think it’s better for us to just be friends” when I hear those words come out of his mouth I can feel my heart drop into my stomach and I suddenly have the urge to throw up C: “wh- what do you mean I- I- baby whatever I did I’m sorry we can fix this” tears now streaming down my face G: “C you did nothing wrong it’s just that with our careers and the public eye always judging you or me, and us working together I just feel that we will be better off as friends you are still my world and I can’t lose you but I just feel like it’s what’s best for us” at this point I am hysterically crying with my back against the wall with my head in my knees. Grant tries to comfort me but at that point I don’t want him to touch me, so I muster enough strength to say “if that’s what you want then ok all I want is to see you happy” G: "C I am so sorry" I wipe my tears saw and try to compose myself. "It's fine, really, but in all honesty, I would really appreciate it if you would leave." G: "ok" without protest, he leaves, and I’m left heartbroken. I can’t believe the love of my life just broke up with me.