I guess it really is Over

Grant's POV
I walked out, balling my eyes out, just hoping that I made the right decision, but after 6 months, I realized it definitely wasn't. By now me and Candice were pretty much back to normal just without the kissing and stuff, but I miss that. I contemplated telling her all day how I felt, but when I finally mustered up the courage, I overheard a conversation between Danielle and Candice that made me realize I was too late. D: "I'm really glad to see you smiling again" C: "yeah it's nice to be back to normal I honestly don't mind being best friends with him because he is still the best guy I know" D: "yeah and at least as best friends you won't get hurt again" C:" yeah I guess" at this point I walk away and realize that I couldn't be the reason her beautiful light dimed again, even if it meant moving on, so that's what I did.
Candice's POV
Grant had met this girl at the bar, and they really hit it off, and while it definitely stung, I was happy to see him happy, and that's all that mattered. Soon enough, Grant and the girl moved in together, and she became his girlfriend. I honestly don't think she likes me that much, but either way, I decided to be the supportive best friend I am and cheer him on and give him advice on anything he needs. Soon enough they had been together for over a year and a half and were engaged, I don't know why but time has been moving so fast that I didn't even realize how serious they had gotten. But if he is happy I'm happy. Plus, I have Zoe now, and she is the only companion I need.