Chapter Thirty One

I haven't written something like this in so long. I'm sorry if it's bad. It's my little tester chapter, and I'm excited. I hope you like it. <3

We stared at each other for what felt like hours as it sunk in. I'd made the decision in the spur of the moment, and I didn't know how I felt about it. On one hand, I felt nervous and anxious, but on the other, I felt strangely relieved. The decision was made, and I didn't have to spend all of my time thinking about it. Freddie seemed speechless as Pasha's heels clicked down the hallway of their large building, but he wasn't running after her. He was staying. Or so I thought.

"Just- just give me a second to speak to her," he said, his voice laced with doubt as he pinched his bottom lip between his index finger and thumb. He didn't expect me to stop him, and perhaps it was sinking in for him as well. My head was spinning with a million thoughts all at once.

Had I made a mistake, or would we finally be happy? But one question stood out from the rest. Why on earth did he want to talk to her?

"You're going after her?" I asked but barely recognized my voice. It was high-pitched pitched and I felt a feeling I'd felt many times before. Jealousy.

"Just wait here, okay?" he said. But as he turned away from me and began heading toward the door, my heart sank. He was going after her after I gave him what he wanted.

I stayed still for a while, listening as his footsteps rushed down the hall. My face went cold as it sunk in. He finally got his way, and I would probably never get what I wanted.

My feet carried me toward the balcony's edge as the wind picked up around me. When I peeked over the balcony, I watched as he ran up to her, stopping her from walking away in the middle of the street. I felt like I was going to be sick.

From where I was standing, I could see her dark hair blowing in the wind as she covered her face with her hands. Was she crying?

But what hurt the most was watching him place his hands on her shoulders, looking down at her as he spoke, his eyes wide.

Before I knew it, my feet were carrying me in the direction they had gone. But instead of joining them in the middle of the street, I stuck to the pavement and watched from afar.

But when he pulled her into a hug, I decided to keep walking. It wasn't until I was many meters away that I looked toward them, spotting Freddie's eyes that were watching me over her shoulder. I was going home.

Dread set in when I reached my flat, and the first thing I decided to do was unplug the telephone. I knew he would try calling me, and the last thing I wanted was to talk to anyone, especially him.

It took everything in me to stop him from going after her, to give him what he'd wanted for so long. Yet, he still went after her.

I stayed in my bedroom for the entire night, staring at the ceiling until the sun came up. I was angry and dissapointed for so many reasons.

That was the first day I decided not to go to university, simply because I didn't feel like it. All I wanted to do was drown myself in alcohol and disgusting food. Again and again, I asked myself why I'd agreed and if it was really worth it. I wanted him more than anything, but not like this.

It was around noon that I decided to finally get up from my bed and take a shower. Usually, I felt refreshed after a shower, but that day, I felt awful and disgusting. I was functioning on only a few hours of sleep and many cups of strong coffee. Wanting to get out of my own head, I decided to head to work earlier than usual.

I hoped that being in Rose's presence would sooth my cunty mood. My emotions were all over the place, I felt extremely frustrated and angry, but in the other hand, I felt vulnerable, and all I wanted was for him to tell me that everything would be okay.