3. ~ The Right Decision ~

THIRD PERSON POV:

After contemplating her decision and being sure of it, she prays to Lord Surya Narayan please make an appearance in front of her.

Knowing what Kunti has decided and being happy with her decision, he went in front of her and said "Open your eyes, Kunti."

Opening her eyes, Kunti said "Pranaam Suryadev. I was going to do such a heinous crime that I am not even capable of asking forgiveness. But please forgive me. Please Suryadev to ensure my son's fate, please give him to a good family who deserve him more than me. A family who will take care of him more than I could ever do for him. A family who will support him in his each and every decision. A family who would love him like his own-"

"Calm down Kunti. I understand where you are coming from and do not worry, I myself will see to it that my son would be given to a caring and humble home." said  Suryadev after seeing the condition of Kunti.

"And Prabhu, please ensure that the parents know that he is ksatriya born from a princess, so that he is not restricted from learning any vedas, shaastras or shastra just because of his caste. This is my sincere request to you Suryadev. Please accept it." said a heartbroken and crying Kunti.

"My son will be brought up with utmost love and care. And I accept your request Kunti. I bless my son to always be on the path of dharma" said Suryadev with a sad smile, sad that he will again be away from his birth mother. But atleast this time, she did not try to flow him in the river Ganga.

Hearing him, Kunti felt a little satisfied and thanked him continuously.

In return, Suryadev smiled a radiant smile asking het to give him his son and blessed her before leaving.

After some time:

Near the light - blue sparkling stream and lush sage green ghats of river Ganga, stood a young man with broad shoulders, tan skin and a warrior stance, dressed in simple white dhoti and angavastra (shawl), offering his prayers to the revered Lord Surya Narayan and to his beloved mother, Mata Ganga, in the peaceful silence. That man is none other than, the protector and Mahamahim of Hastinapur, Devavrat Bhishm.

A little away from him stood a couple, praying with utmost sincerity to their respective deities. The man is lean yet muscular, most probably in his 30's, clad in a cream angavastra and dhoti. Beside him stood his wife, a woman in her late 20's, fair complexioned with long black hair in a braid, clad in a brown coloured blouse and a skirt paired with a cream scarf and minimal jewellary. The couple is none other than Adhirath & Radha.

ADHIRATH & RADHA'S POV:

For 10 years!! 10 years, I have longed for a child. For 10 years, my motherhood has been cursed to bear no fruit for me and arya (husband). How much more wait do I have to do to have a child? In my 26 years of existence, never have I sided with adharm (injustice) nor did anything wrong nor wished anything wrong for something or someone. Nor have I not stopped any injustice from happening in my presence. Then what is this punishment that you are giving to me. Did I mistakenly or purposely did something wrong that I'm not destined for the bliss of motherhood. If I did then, punish me. But what is arya's fault in this. Why are you making him suffer with me?

O' Maheshvari, If I have done atleast one punya deed in my life then, please bless me with a child, whom I can nourish and give love and make him grow into a gentleman in the future. With ur blessings, even a barren land can be filled with lush green gardens. I beg for ur blessings Mata. Please quench the thirst of my motherhood by giving me a child. If he is in my destiny, please guide him to reach me.......this mother cant wait any longer Mata.

 THIRD PERSON POV:

While the three of them were immersed in their prayers, behind their closed eyes, they could feel a bright light, giving a radiant warmth to the surroundings. The warmth gave wrapped around them like a blanket of assurance and promise. 

Tentatively, the trio opened their eyes only to witness a marvelous and heart - warming sight in front. In front of them, stood the God of the Navagrahas, Lord Surya Narayana. The trio stood there in a baffled state but soon came to their senses and greeted him immediately.

"Hey Suryadev, we are blessed to be in ur gracious presence. But please tell us the reason of ur visit Prabhu." said Adhirath with utmost respect and devotion in his voice.

With a mischievous smile on his face, Suryadev asked "What is this Adhirath mahoday. You both called me here and now are asking a reason for my reason."

Hearing this, a panicked Radha chimed in saying "Forgive us Prabhu, but we, ourselves are confused  that when did we request ur presence, not that we are not grateful for ur presence." corrected Radha hastily at the end.

Not being able to see their lost and panicked state, Suryadev decided to show some mercy and give his reason of visit. With a radiant smile, he answered "Radha, you urself were asking for a child to fulfill ur wish of experiencing motherhood to Mata Shakti. Then what happened now?"

Listening to him, the two of them were stunned and in disbelief. They could not believe what they were hearing right now. Seeing their frozen state, Suryadev gave a soft smile and said "What you heard is absolutely correct, Radha. This child is the fruit of ur prayers and austerities that you did for 10 years. He is ur son, KARN. Now come and take him into ur hands."

Not being able to process, she walks towards Suryadev in a trance and forwards her hands towards him to take the 1 day old baby. After taking the baby in her arms, she started to cry tears of joy and happiness while thanking the Jagat Mata for fulfilling her wish.

"But what about the mother of this child, wont she be searching him?" asked Radha

Smiling, Suryadev replied "She is the one who sent me here with him. KARN was my mantra prasad to her, but due to her fears, she requested me to give my son to a family who are really in need of a child. Who would shower him with all the love and happiness in the world. She begged me to give him to a family, who would take care of him way better than she ever could. And due to her earnest request, I came here to give KARN to you. I hope you won't deny it."

"But can you tell us who was his mother, Suryadev?" asked Radha in hopes of learning about the woman who gave her a chance at motherhood.

"I cannot tell u her name, but she was a kshatriya princess of a well known kingdom, who had gotten a boon from serving Rishi Durvasa in the form of a mantra, through which when invoked a God, she could ask for a child with the God's similar traits. She wanted u to know this, so that, you won't disagree with Karn due to ur caste, when he wants to pursue weapons and Vedas."  said Suryadev.

"Because of her, I got a chance at being a mother. So, I, Radha, in the presence of Suryadev, vow that I will tell Karn about his 1st mother, when he will be ready to understand why she did it." vowed Radha with determination to not let the princess's sacrifice go into waste.

Happy with her positivity, Suryadev blesses them and vanishes into thin air.