2. ~ Suryaputra Karn ~

KUNTI'S POV:

Sitting on the banks of holy river Ganga and offering morning prayer to the revered Lord of all planets, The Glorious Suryadev, brings immense pleasure to my heart. Suryadev, the lightbringer, the epitome of dharma, karma, equality & justice. It was Mata who suggested me to pray him for a mighty and virtuous husband. I wish to have a husband with similar traits as of Lord Suryanarayana as it is impossible to expect someone to be exactly like him. It is impossible!! I just want a loyal and caring husband with whom I can spend the rest of my life.

(after offering prayers)

Oh yes!!! How could I forget the boon? The hymn Sage Durvasa has given me. I can use it to meet Suryadev and also check whether the boon is valid or not. Yes!! I shall summon Suryadev. With this being decided, I started chanting the hymn. I, at an instant felt a bright aura and unnatural heat around me. I opened my eyes to see the most handsome man ever; tall, slight tan skin, light yellow divine glow, brown hazel eyes with gold flecks in them, clad in white with a red angvastra and magnificent sun crown.

THIRD PERSON POV:

By seeing the radiance of the person, Kunti was astonished and overwhelmed that the mantra given by Rishi Durvasa actually works.

"O' Suryadev, Thank you for coming here on the aspect of the mantra given by Rishi Durvasa. But I in my foolishness of checking if the mantra works or not, did not think about the repercussions of my deed. Please forgive me O' Suryadev. Is there any way out of this predicament. Please help me Bhagawan." said Kunti, regretting her decision to use this mantra.

"Yes Kunti, I've come here on the chanting of Rishi Durvasa's mantra for begetting a child, like of the God to whom you have prayed to. And I'm pleased that you were not ignorant about your mistake." said Suryadev with a pleasant smile.

"Hence, after i give you a son, you and your friend; Priyamvada; can to go to your father and ask him to allow both of you to go to a forest in pretext of knowing more of ascetic life before marriage and there you can give birth to my son who will be known to the entire world as KARN." said Suryadev with utmost love and pride.

Hearing this Kunti asked, "But Prabhu, what will I do after I have given birth to him. Won't people raise questions on my character ? Won't my father's reputation be harmed because of me ? Won't your son be called names just because of his mother ?"

Sensing her inner turmoil, Suryadev just smiled and said "What you have to do will be decided by you, I only gave the means of doing it. And about your character, I give you the boon of unhinged virginity."

"As you say Suryadev. Agya de!" Kunti said hesitantly.

Suryadev blessed "Tathastu!!"

KUNTI'S POV:

After obtaining the mantra Prasad of Suryadev, I along with my friend and confidant, Priyamvada, went to my father and asked him to give us permission to go to a nearby forest to experience more of the ascetic life followed by Rishis and Brahmins, before my marriage.

He was hesitant at first, but agreed to send us only if some of the soldiers and handmaids went with us. We immediately agreed and were given the permission.

The next day, me and Priyamvada along with some handmaids and some well trained soldiers, started our journey to the forest where we would stay for almost 9 months.

After 9 months:

Deep in the forest, there was a small hut where a lot of hustle bustle was going on. Why not? The mighty Suryaputra is going to take birth on this earth.

To witness this auspicious occasion, all the gods and goddesses were present all around, eager to see the golden child and bless him.

The Tridev and Tridevi were the most excited as with Karn's birth, the new destiny would be written which would flourish with radiant colours.

Soon Kunti went into labour and after some time of painful screams, the son of the lightbringer was born. Every God and Godess rejoiced in happiness and started showering flowers and blessings on the little human.

Karn's face radiated a warm glow, with Hazel - brown eyes just like his father. Little tufts of black hair trying to peak out on his head. His small chubby hands and feets kicking up in the air, as if trying to catch the flowers. The most beautiful part of his was the golden kavach and kundal which could not be destroyed even by Mahadev's Trishul.

KUNTI'S POV:

Near the Ganga ghats, the river was flowing with roaring waves as if trying to run away. Looking at Karn's face, gave me a determination to never let him get harmed by anything or anyone for that matter.

Just as I was thinking, I saw a small baby dear being flown away in the turbulent tides of river Ganga, struggling to make its way out of them. But on the shore of the river, a much more older dear, probably it's mother, was running with the tides to get her baby.

Seeing this I immediately called some of the soldiers to urgently go and rescue the baby dear. It was very difficult due to the tides being so unnaturally speed. But at last they were successful in saving the baby dear.

As soon as the baby dear was out the waters, the mother came dashing to her baby and immediately started to tend to it, caressing and licking it's head and body to her motherly instincts.

Seeing this I realised that I was doing the exact same thing of flowing my son in the Ganga. I was going to commit such a heinous crime. Hey Mahadev!! I'm so sorry to even think of doing this to my precious son.