Point of No Return

I had traced Dean's call, only to find out that he had been driving when he had called. So, it was hard to pinpoint exactly where he was now.

But not impossible.

I had told Sam. Sam knew Dean well enough to where he knew where Dean would hide just by the direction he had gone.

Sam and Castiel brought Dean back here.

We stood in the library.

"Yeah, no, this is good," Dean told us sarcastically. "You know, eight months of turned pages and screwed pooches, but tonight? Tonight's when the magic happens."

"You ain't helping," I told him.

"Yeah, well, why don't you let me get out of your hair, then?" Dean asked.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked.

"Reality happened," Dean answered. "Nuclear's the only option we have left. Michael can ice the Devil, save a boatload of people."

"But not all of them," Dad told him. "We gotta think of something else."

"Yeah, well, that's easy for you to say," Dean told him. "But if Lucifer burns this mother down, and I could've done something about it, guess what? That's on me."

"You can't give up, son," Dad told him.

"You're not my father," Dean told him. "And you ain't in my shoes." I scoffed softly. "What?"

"Remember what I said yesterday about me not giving up even though Death and Lucifer brought back my mom and a cemetery full of other zombies to kill me so I would be out of the way?" I asked. "I told you that I wouldn't give up. And I'm not giving up. I promised you that I wouldn't. You're not in this alone, Dean, and you're not the only one that they're after. Why is that so hard for you to see?"

Dean didn't answer.

Castiel held his head in pain.

"Cas, you okay?" Sam asked.

"No," Castiel answered.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked.

"Something's happening," Castiel told us.

"Where?" I asked.

Castiel didn't answer, disappearing.

Wind blew papers around the room.

~~~~

Sam and Dean were in the kitchen.

Sam was in the way of the fridge.

"I'm gonna get a beer," Dean told him. "Do you mind?"

Sam stepped out of the way.

Wind blew papers around me and Dad.

Castiel appeared with a young man's body, who was covered in mud. "Help."

I looked toward the kitchen. "Boys!"

Castiel laid the body on the cot.

Sam and Dean walked in.

"Who is it?" Dad answered.

Sam was in shock. "That's our brother."

~~~~

I looked at Sam and Dean. "Wait a minute. Your brother? Adam?"