The Curious Case of Ness Singer

It hadn't taken long to convince Sam to get back into hunting with Dean.

Especially after he found out that he was Lucifer's true vessel. But like Dean and Michael, he had to say yes to let Lucifer in. If Sam and Dean said yes to Lucifer and Michael in and use them as vessels...

Then Michael and Lucifer would engage into a fight so bad that it would wipe half the planet off the map.

I had heard of a job in a town where a mid-20s man had died of old age.

I was at TJz when Dean called me back. "You were right about this one. It's definitely a job." 

"Thought so. Any other stiffs in town?"

"Just the one body." 

"Anything else?"

"Couple missing persons, but usual for a town this size." 

"Well, check them out."

"You think they're connected?" 

"Call it a hunch."

"You got it." 

"You guys need any help with this one?"

"Nah, I think we got it. Thanks, Ness." 

"Yeah, no problem. See, you."

I hung up, smiling a small smile, getting back to work.

~~~~

I was just now getting home when Dean called to tell me that not only did people before their time died of old age, but elderly people was turning back the clock to their best years by playing with a warlock at poker. If you won, you got younger. If you lost, you got older. Depended on how many years you played for.

"It sounds crazy, right?" 

"No. There's lore on it. Goes back centuries. Traveling card player pops into town. You beat him, you get your best years back. 'Course, most folks lose."

"Well, that would explain the crunchy corpse." 

"Supposedly, this player's a hell of a card shark. Got a lot of years in the bank. You find the bar he's working in yet?"

"There's a lot of dives in this town. We're gonna have to split up."

"Well, why are you still talking to me?" I asked, hanging up, walking inside. "Dad? Hey, Dad!" I walked into the library, thinking that he would be at his desk. He wasn't there. I looked around in confusion. "Where the hell..." I noticed that Dad's keys were gone. I walked toward the window, looking outside into the scrapyard to see that the wheelchair-portable van was gone. I realized where Dad would've gone. "Oh, no, Dad."

I walked toward the door instantly, knowing that Dad would've gone to the warlock to turn back the clock so he wouldn't be in the wheelchair anymore, pulling out my phone. "Hey, uh, Dean. Looks like I'm coming in on the case after all."

And if he lost....

I couldn't even think about that.

~~~~

I walked into the bar that Dean had told me about before, walking toward the bar, looking at the bartender. "Have you seen a guy in a wheelchair, by any chance?"

"Lady, you know how many people that should be in nursing homes stroll through here everyday?" the bartender asked. He looked at me, looking me over. "How about a drink? On the house."