Date

That day. The one he asked her about.

JJ

I walk up onto the beach and smile. I'm bagging that cash so easily. She missed me soooo much. I don't blame her. Have you seen me? Yeah, I thought so. I'm pretty unforgettable too.

I see headlights. They're headed towards the beach. Is that her? Hopefully.

They stop, and get out of their car. Yup, that's her.

"YO, KIE! OVER HERE!" I yell, smiling.

I hear her laugh, and run over. Tanktop and shorts, not bad. I told her to stay in something comfortable, and that's what she likes. At least she listened to me. My smile is growing, but by force. You're not getting in that easily, Carrera.

"Hi, JJ!" She says with a smile.

I grab her hand and spin her around.

"Why don't you look pretty?" I say with a smirk.

She laughs and gently pushes my arm.

"Come on, mama! Don't you wanna dance?" I ask her, smiling. I hold my hand out to her. She stares at me with her arms crossed.

"Really?" She scoffs.

"Yes, really! It'll be fun!" I laugh. She giggles and finally accepts my advances.

I spin her again, pulling her back in. One of my hands meet her waist, the other holding her hand. Her hand slowly and gently reaches my shoulder.

"Come on, kieee! Don't be shy! I know you wanna hold me tighter..." I tease, which she rolls her eyes, and holds me a little tighter.

I spin her again, our feet never getting mixed with one another. The breeze picks up, and her hair follows. We both laugh at the same time. Honestly, I do kind of miss her, but I miss money more.

I'm spinning her, and she has a smile plastered on her face. It's the same smile she had on when I called her over. She hasn't given it up. I start humming a song from her favorite album of Bob Marley. I heard her stop breathing for a second.

"You remembered-" I cut her off

"How could I forget!" I said with a smile.

It made her smile bigger. My heart swell a little to see that smile again. I give her a little smirk before I did the most catastrophic thing. I grab under her knee, smoothly leaning her back, watching her breathing pick up. I smile at her, winking, as I pull her back up into my arms. I wrap my arms around her waist. She follows suit, wrapping hers around my neck. I bury my head in the crook of her neck, searching for her pulse. When I get it, I feel how much her heart has sped up. She's nervous. I get her this nervous? Have I always done that?

We're rocking back and forth. My humming dies out, and we're still rocking together.

"Thanks for coming back." I whisper into her neck. I felt her shiver.

"Thanks for dancing with me." She whispers back.

"Thanks for coming." I whisper again.

"Thanks for asking." She whispers, before we both start laughing.

We slowly pull away, but we don't let go. I'm staring into her eyes, and she's doing the same for me. She looks hypnotized, and I can't say I don't look the same. That's when I grabbed her face and kissed her. Thankfully, she kissed back. Her arms held me tighter, and my arms did the same. We both slowly pulled back with a smile, leaning in again, making the connection. The sparks alive. It always has been.

...But I need the money, not a girlfriend. But, I definitely could get her to do my homework if I asked her to. It would make my life so much easier. Next step, ask her out.

"J..." she whispers.

"Shh... let's not talk..." I say, staring into her eyes, pulling her in for a long hug.

I can definitely tell it's been a while. I check my phone. We've been just standing here for 20 minutes, hugging, and looking at the stars. That really was a long hug.

"You doing okay, kie?" I ask.

She mumbles and nods, putting her head on my chest.

I chuckles a little.

"You getting tired, there?" I whisper. She nods. "Want me to take you home?" She nods again.

"Did you walk or drive?" She asks me.

"Walk." I say.

She digs into her back pocket, pulling out her keys, and she starts holding them out to me. I take them from her. Before she has an opportunity to pull away, I pick her up off her feet. She squeals, and I carry her bridal style back to her car. Holding her up with one hand as I unlock it. Once I've done that, I open the door, putting her in the seat. I step up and buckle her in and shut the door behind her. I get in the drivers side and get going.

By now, Kie's fast asleep. We're almost back, so it works.

By the time we pull into the parking lot, she's still asleep. I get it out and walk to her side. I open the door, unbuckle her, and I pick her up. Shutting the door and locking the car, I feel her move, she opens her eyes.

"Shh- back to sleep kie." I say, as I gently kiss her head.

She closes her eyes. She falls back asleep quickly. I walk up to her apartment, tapping on the door. Sarah opens it and sees Kie in my arms. She lets me in and points to her room. I nod and carry her in, carefully tucking her in. I leave a kiss on her forehead. She smiles and turns comfortably in her sleep. I smile, walking out, quietly shutting her door. I quickly leave before Sarah can ask anything.

Wait til the boys hear about this.