What Did I Just See?

JJ

Kie finishes my homework. I smile and thank her. I grab her hands and take her to the balcony. I grab a flower that grows on a vine beside us.

"Kie, will you be my girlfriend?" I ask.

She smiles, "yes!" She squeals.

I pick her up in my arms and spin her around. Her head is buried in the crook of my neck, and I grab under her knees. She wraps her legs around my waist. I just hold her. I rub her back slowly in circles. John B and Sarah walk out. I just smile at them. Kie puts her head on my chest. She realizes people are there, and quickly ducks away, and into my chest. The three of us laugh.

"Soooo... is it official?" John B asks.

I nod and smile. He gives me a look. A we really shouldn't do this look. I give him a look back. Its fine.

He shrugs.

"Kie, do you and Sarah wanna go inside? I have to talk to John B... and Pope, wherever he is." I say.

She nods and smiles at me. Her lips meet my cheek, then she hops down and they walk out and back inside. One of them must've told Pope to come out, because here he is.

"Yall owe me major cash right now. Your boy gotta girlfriend!" I exclaim.

They both sigh.

"What?" I ask, looking between them both.

"We really shouldn't do this." Pope says.

"I agree." John B finishes.

"Come on guys!" I plead.

"Fine. Fine." They say, each giving me money.

"What the fuck?" Sarah said.

We all jump and face her. She shuts the door.

"What the fuck is this!" She exclaims.

"Sarah, sar... relax, okay? I'll explain." John B told her.

"Sarah, you can't fucking tell her! I need this money! I need the grades! Please! I'll make it up to her!" I beg her.

"You're paying him to date her? Like she's some bet?! Am I some bet?!" She exclaims.

"Nono- never, sar. Never. I'd never do that to you." John B said, pulling her into a long embrace.

"Guys..." Sarah looks at us.

"It'll only hurt her more if you tell her." I say. "Just wait until it's over and then maybe you can say something." I tell her. "Only a month or two!" I add.

I feel her breath hitch. She couldn't do that to her best friend, and I couldn't blame her. I couldn't do that to John B. But I played the hard card.

"Imma go cuddle my girl." I tell them, leaving them to decide.

I walk in and sit by Kie. She smiles at me, just happily sitting by me. I reach for her hand, and I hold it. She looks at me and then our hands. I smile at her, then kiss her head. We watch the movie on the screen.

I'm really hoping Sarah doesn't snitch.

---------------------------

Sarah

"I don't wanna go through with this!" I cry to him.

"In all honesty, me either! I said this shit when I was drunk, and continued when I was sober. When I met you guys, I saw how sweet you guys were. They have a history, and that's what made it easy. She misses him, and this is fucked. It's a hard choice to make, but I think you have to make the wrong one right now. It'll hurt kie more if she loses him like this. Let her figure it out. Let her do it. She deserves to do it. I may be an idiot, and this may sound stupid, but, I the truth is I don't know what to do, and neither do you." He finishes, holding me and rubbing my back.

"This is gonna be a while until I decide." I say. Because I don't know what to do. She might not even believe me if I told her. She's so in love with him it's crazy. She never got over him. "She's in love with him. Always has been, John B!" I tell him in tears.

"Shit! God damnit!" He says pacing a little. He comes back and hugs me again.

She's in love.

I can't let her not be with him.

I'll let JJ take care of it.

Well...

Maybe I won't.

I don't know.

I need help.

Oh god.

I'm scared.

Kie.