Frisk: Shakespeare & Sherlock

It took Chara and the great heavens above to stop me from shopping right on the spot.

I mean, seriously, when have you ever seen a pack of rice be under 80 cents on a daily basis?

Life is so expensive now, even breathing costs money.

Hell, I'm coming back here later for my damn rice...

Walking into the crowded store, we went towards the customer service area in hopes that the manager didn't drown in the wave of customers who were coming into the market. 

All before I saw a very familiar face.

Remember the old guy that I kicked a few times ago after my mental breakdown in the clothes store?

Well, turns out he's the manager of the store! 

Who would have thought. .

"Hey there! I think I've seen you before, haven't I? Back at my old job?" The old man walked over with a smile, "Are you feeling any better, sweetheart?"

"Hello, Sir. And yes, I'm alright. . again, I'm so sorry about-"

"Ahh, no need to apologize, dear. I'm fine." He hums while he leans onto the counter, "So, what brings you to the market today? Is this your husband?"

Chara coughed at the title before I let out a nervous chuckle while feeling my face heat up.

"Uhh, we've come to ask a few questions regarding the sniping of the mayor."

"Haiya, I saw it all on the news. Was a terrifying sight, wasn't it?"

"Yes, it sure was.." Chara sighs in response.

"Well, ask away, I'm here to help as much as I can."

"We have some speculation on one of your employees, Nathaniel Barnes. We found a jacket that had some of his valuables in it was found in a crime scene in relation to the potential murder of the mayor." I go on to explain, as the manager gasps,

"Nathaniel? He would never! Or, at least I don't think he would.." The old man holds onto his chest, his eyes wide in surprise.

"We've talked with him on yesterday and from personal perception, we don't believe that he is responsible, rather that his valuables were stolen to frame him."

"Oh. . what a relief. . I remember him having to call off because of it. Nathaniel is a hard worker, very kind, and willing to help. I couldn't even imagine him going off to ruin his life like that. ., especially with Hanja needing him more than ever now." The old man rants. 

"Well, for now, he's placed under police watch. But relooking through our case, we're pretty much sure that Nathaniel is not the culprit." I add to the reassurance, as the manager nods.

"Thank you for not jumping to conclusions like the others to just get it over with.."

"Of course, we care about this city and the people more than anything else," Chara says with a small smile.

"Well, I never keep track of the employees due to so many people coming over to pick up orders or to speak with me on God knows what issue that may come up in the shop." He laughs, "Maybe I can let you all see the security footage, maybe the culprit came in here without anyone seeing?"

"That could be it.." Chara thought aloud, "He seems to blend in with crowds very well."

"Well, you all have my trust from default for helping this city. I can let you all in after hours to see the footage if you'd like."