Chapter 6

─⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡──⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡─

"Hear me out! I know you already said no, but come on, Ji! You're a good driver from what I've seen. Just give it a try, won't you?" Hyunjin pleaded, clasping his together.

"I–" Jisung sighed. "I don't know..." He replied unsurely.

"Why don't you just try this once? You know, get a feel for it. If you hate it, never race again. If you love it, join us more often!" Felix shrugged as he tossed a red Sour Patch Kid into his mouth.

Jisung glanced at the blonde and back to Hyunjin. He stared back with puppy dog eyes and a pout smeared across his lips.

Jisung let out a heavy breath and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Fine, alright. However, if and when I hate it, you promise to never beg me to race again?"

The taller man nodded excitedly, unable to withhold his energy.

"I'll join the race. You aren't allowed to make fun of me when I get last place though, and I want cheesecake and coffee. Right now," The shorter boy demanded with a pouty face.

Felix stood up from the beanbag in which he was lounging on and held up his hands, motioning for Hyunjin to toss him his car keys.

The tallest grabbed the Nissan labeled set from off the counter and slung them towards the blonde.

Felix reached out and caught them mid air with a smirk as he opened the front door. "You coming?" He said with one foot outside.

"Yup!" Jisung replied eagerly, grabbing is own lanyard where his keys were and stuffing it in his pocket, leaving the fabric to fall at the side of his leg.

Jisung knew exactly why he had never raced, but he had never told anyone the real reason. His anxiety was part of it, that's true, but Jisung had a habit of not wanting to let go of things.

This was also why he had never had a lasting relationship, most of them were anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months. He was afraid he could become dependent on the people, or the act of racing in this scenario.

The last thing he wanted was to become attached.

There was nothing to it about him being a "bad driver" or "scared to do it." Among other things, he also enjoyed the solitude of driving alone. The tranquility almost seemed to seep through his skin, filling him with euphoria.

His fingers glided along the thick air as Jisung stared out the open window. Felix was sitting in the driver's seat, accelerating at a surprisingly average speed on the freeway, whereas Jisung was in the passenger seat zoned out.

Hyunjin had offered to follow behind the two, and was currently dead center in Felix's rearview mirror.

"Are you nervous? Or is it the fact you just don't want to do it?" The blonde broke the silence with the simple question.

"Neither," He replied. "There's nothing really on my mind right now. I'm excited to see how everything goes, but it's a bit nerve wracking considering it's my first time."

"Well, there's a first for everything. And who knows, maybe you'll love it!" Felix turned his attention onto Jisung for a moment, just to give him a bright smile.

That's what I'm afraid of.

The older returned the gesture with a small chuckle.

"Hey, what if you meet a hot guy there, huh?" Felix poked his friend's thigh with a giggle.

"Dude, stop, no! I'm only going there to race, nothing more," Jisung exclaimed, waving his hands and smiling at the teasing.

"Just saying~ it isn't impossible! I got 50 bucks on you meet someone exactly your type, not insinuating anything will happen... but if it does! I'm callin' an extra 20 on it." His blonde hair blew in the wind, making his eyes more visible.

"Alright, deal. Because that's not gonna happen." They linked pinkies, sealing the promise.

The freckled boys right hand returned to the wheel as he drove into the parking lot of some random cafe he had been recommended to try.

Urth Caffe.. what an odd name.

Jisung eyed the building up and down, silently judging the design of its architecture.

Before either of the men could open the door, Hyunjin parked on the right side and opened Jisung's door for him.

"For you, your majesty," Hyunjin expressed with a bow, smiling to himself.

The brown haired boy giggled and stepped out of the coupe. Hyunjin lifted his head and pulled his friend into a hug.

Meanwhile, Felix had already walked up to the front door and was holding it open for the three of them.

The two boys hadn't taken notice, and simply chatted about the cafe Felix had chosen and its odd structure.

The blonde rolled his eyes as he stepped into the building, giving the waiter answers to his questions.

Those assholes never listen, if they had followed me from the get-go they wouldn't be searching for the table right now like idiots.

Suddenly, Hyunjin rushed up to where Felix was sitting.

"Felix! Dude, why did you pick such a crowded restaurant? This place is bumper to bumper!" He exclaimed, out of breath.

"Isn't there a restaurant in Beverly Hills with the exact same name? Same logo too? Why did we drive all the way to downtown LA when we were literally 10 minutes away from the other place?" Jisung added.

"Okay, first off, fuck you both. How would I know it'd be this crowded? Second, I've never been to this one. The other locations I've tried, this is the last one on my list. Also, it's usually pretty empty, so I don't know what's up." Felix answered both of them at the same time.

Hyunjin and Jisung looked at each other and rolled their eyes while pulling their chairs out and sitting down.

Jisung licked his fork entirely clean, tongue swirling around the top of it, getting every last remnant of Oreo flavored icing.

"Stop giving the fork a blowjob you fucking freak." Felix snickered as Jisung dropped the fork on the table.

"It was really good cheesecake, dude!" He defended.

"Yeah, I bet that head would be good too." Hyunjin joined into their bickering.

"You wanna test it out?" Jisung's face flatlined as he stared the red head in his eyes, Hyunjin's breath hitched as he saw the glare from his best friend.

Felix couldn't contain his laughter and the waiter brought the check, Felix handed him a wad of cash containing about $200 and stood up, wheezing out of the restaurant.

"Alright, it wasn't that funny." Jisung scrunched his eyebrows together and Felix turned to face him.

"Oh my God you look so cute right now, I could kiss you!" The blonde pecked Jisung's nose, leaving him in a state of shock with wide eyes.

"The race starts in an hour, let's head back to get Ji's car and then make our way to Chan and Jeongin." Hyunjin cleared his throat, catching their attention. They nodded, Jisung getting into Hyunjin's ride this time.

Felix didn't think twice as they both pulled out and onto the main road again.

Jisung was now alone in his car, following behind Felix and Hyunjin pursuing the brown haired boy.

Fuck, I'm going to lose so badly.