Chapter 8

─⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡──⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡─

Jisung drove his car behind Felix's. They were on the way to the race, which made Jisung's nerves run all over his body. He anxiously tapped on the steering wheel.

He glanced at his rear view mirror, seeing Hyunjin in his car dancing and driving. This let a small laugh escape the younger's lips.

The static of the walkie talkie that sat in the passenger seat caught his attention.

"Hyung, you're gonna do so good! I know it!" Jeongin's cheery voice rang through the device.

A chorus of "Ne! (yes)" following, a small grin crept on Jisung's lips, thankful for his friend's words.

"I.N is right. You'll do good, Sungie!" Their leader Chan's deep australian voice rang out. Jisung let out an exhale as they pulled up to the familiar racing spot.

He parked his car before pulling his sun visor down, examining his face. The man bites his lip before rubbing his face with both hands, a tired groan leaving his mouth.

He watches as Felix and Jeongin exit their cars before he does the same. He took a few long strides, sitting quietly on the hood of his car.

He observes everyone in the meet. Feeling eyes on him, he turns.

Jisung's eyes shift to a man with black hair. Jisung's eyes travel to the man's face, the boy's lips parting slightly as he couldn't help but stare.

Never had Jisung seen such a sharp nose, but this man, this man...

Jisung's eyes glaze up and down along the strangers face before his breath hitches. He had locked eyes with the dark haired boy.

Jisung maintained eye contact for a moment before quickly looking away. It seemed that the hems of his long sleeved racing shirt are more important as he opted to mess with them.

He turns his head to see Hyunjin leaping out of his car, raking his fingers through his hair. He watches as the tall figure makes his way towards him. Jisung looks up as Hyunjin stands infront of him.

"Ji, you'll mess your shirt up if you pull at the loose strings," the older states. A light-hearted smile grows on his lips as he pats Jisung's shoulder, the younger giving him a tight lipped grin.

Jisung feels two other presences sit next to him, then notices Chan standing next to Hyunjin. He turns his head to the left to see I.N sitting with an excited look. Glancing to the other side, he sees Felix, the younger's expression mimicking that of Jeongin's.

"If it makes you feel better Sungie, the race is gonna be just us," Chan speaks up. His arms are crossed as he looks at Jisung.

"Really?" The permed boy mumbles, his eyes drifting to the blond man who just gives him a nod.

"We wanted you to race with people you'd feel comfortable with," Felix spoke up. Jisung's focus landed on the other blond as a small smile creeps onto his face. He lays his head on the blond's shoulder.

A silence falls around them as they watch the other drivers preparing or talking amongst themselves.

"Watcha staring at, Innie?" Hyunjin's voice cuts through the silence as everyone turns to look at the youngest. I.N let out a small hum.