Chapter 7

─⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡──⟡★⟡─⟡★⟡─

'6:23 p.m' the clock on Minho's dashboard read.

The man was tapping anxiously on his steering wheel. He watched from afar as several other racers arrived, greeting one another as if they were close friends. But yet he was waiting for that crew, that damn BMW.

He had brought his own car, a 1997 Nissan 240sx in all white. Minho had been saving up money ever since he discovered street racing.

Once the police force had greeted him with a check of a couple thousands, he finally purchased his dream car. With every paycheck that came in, he added more customization to his ride.

"She's street racing ready" Minho mumbled to himself softly, it sounded like he was trying to convince himself more or less.

He continued watching the other racers, he saw how they parked at an angle where the cars face the road.

6:48 p.m shown on the clock now as Minho caught a glimpse of it. The humming of multiple tires and the roar of an engine made the detective look up from the clock.

His eyes scanned the area when suddenly something caught his eye. A 1970 black dodge challenger. The man behind the wheel had blond hair and familiar features. Minho's grip tightened around his steering wheel, his knuckles turning almost white.

Christopher Bang.

That's the man that sat behind that wheel. This made Minho grab his gear shift before putting his car into drive. He made his way towards the race, reversing his car into the parking space.

He silently slips out of his car, noticing how people give him confused glances. He opts to ignore them and closes his door while leaning on the door, his attention going back to the black challenger.

He noticed how behind the challenger other cars followed. A black 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse, A silver 2000 Honda s2000, an orange 1997 Veilside Mazda RX-7.

Minho stared in awe at these cars. Especially the Veilside, but that's not what caught his eye. "The BMW..." he mumbles softly to himself.

Red 2000 BMW F30. Fuck, that's a nice car...

Four cars lined the street, the final car being uncomfortably familiar. Streetlights illuminated the drivers silhouette from the tinted window and shone against the red paint. Minho's eyes followed the vehicles, lingering on the BMW at the end.

Minho looked around, noticing how he wasn't the only one staring. Some faces held excitement, while others presented nervousness.

He watched as the 5 drivers parked their cars, just like anyone else in an empty spot.

Was that spot designated for just them?

Now that he thought about it, no one else had been close to that parking spot. He chose to ignore it, watching the drivers pour out from the drivers side of their cars.

The first to exit their car was the owner of the silver Honda. Minho watched the man flick some of his blond strands from his forehead, his fingers lingering near his temples.