chapter 1

In the kingdom of Fiore on the south coast, there is a tower in construction. this tower's name is the Tower of Heaven, though it might have been a cruel joke or irony because it was cold and dark as hell. the tower is tall with black rock covering everything, underground caverns and and so tall it could touch clouds. huh, now the name makes sense. In this tower, there are workers diligently working, mining, building, and carving like their lives depend on it. because it does, these workers are slaves building something they don't even know for what purpose but it either works or starves them.

in this tower, there is a young boy, with brown hair and dark red eyes that have no light, only a dark primal will to survive. The only thing this boy wears a a dirty white shirt and brown shorts given to him by his oppressors. this boy was fit for his age and malnourished though he was better off than most of his associates. because while they needed to wait for their 'employers' to feed them this boy had a secret. this boy was a dragon slayer, a land dragon slayer to be specific all across the earth, and below was his domain and it provided him his nourishment. though without water, it can only do so much.

It's dark and the boy has finally found a way out. he could how escaped earlier but he was young and still learning the world on his own. and the world's lessons have not been kind. but he would survive because he was raised by a dragon and his dragon taught him to do just that. there was a man here. the boy has not seen him but out there somewhere there is a man finding children. the guards don't know he's here but the boy could sense him he just had to find him fast.

this boy was running fast this was his chance he just found an exit a weak spot in the tower near the ground. though to call it a weak spot was a stretch because the only way through was a cannonball, or magic. the boy swung with all his might his tiny body could handle and in a desperate effort yelled "Earth dragons iron fist" black rocks matching the black rocks surrounding the boy sprouted and covered the boy's right hand smashing into the wall. dust erupted from the wall and after world, the boy saw something he had not seen in a while. moonlight, slivers stretching across the boy's face making his red eyes almost glow.

the boy heard a yell and knew he had been noticed. he runs out of the hole and lands on the sand. using all of his draganic senses he locates the man and runs towards him. and there he is tall dark and silver with a sliver of white hair on the coast of the little island. there is a boat with other kids and there getting ready to leave. "wait" the boy yells as he runs up to the boat. everyone stops and no one says anything, the kids stop and look at the boy with both longing and pity but the young survivor is focused on the man. he just looked at the boy with a strange curiosity, the kind where you don't know what you're looking at but don't actually care. "why should I" the man said not aggressively but not kindly either.

"Because if you don't I'll take your boat," the boy says with zero hesitation. the kids in the boat look at each other in shock as if they can not believe what they just heard. the man looked back at the tower and then at the boy, but no one spoke, no one said a word as seconds went by and the the boy never broke eye contact with the man. and finally, before the tension was too unbearable the man said with a tone of finality and conviction "Get on".