chapter 3

As Angel was taking down the two heavy hitters Brain was giving us a rundown of the strategy to take the rest of them down. 'Brain probably going want to take them out all in one go' King thought trying no look bored. it is not that he's not interested but his brain hasn't told me my part of the plan.

"I can hear them there close," Cobra said petting his pet snake.

"The quicker we finish this the better." the racer said stretching his legs

at midnight just snoring on his carpet like the lazy dog he is.

"time is money and the sooner we save..." hoteye starts preaching.

"shut up! you can preach later big guy but I think brain is missing something."

everyone quiets down. It is not the first time king has been insubordinate to brain but this close to Nirvana he's just asking for a beating, not that it ever did anything because the young teen was stubborn.

"and what" Brain starts with a slight warning in his voice, not that it did anything because King looked straight into his eyes just like so long ago. "could I have missed." he finishes.

"What is my role in this plan" Now to fix a misconception before it starts King does like fighting, it is more of a necessary evil to him though he is quick to use it if he finds it necessary,

which more times it is to him at least but what are you going to do.

"you will stay back and observe, when we take them down and I finish them there might be strays so that is when you finish the opposition." Brain explained in that bored voice like explaining the plan was the last thing he wanted to do.

it probably was.

"so I'm the clean-up crew," King says sarcastically

"Come on boss I'll help we'll squash them," a yellow-talking cat said trying to help.

she was ignored.

"come on kid don't fight this, the quicker we finish this the faster we can find Nirvana" The idea was nice but he worded it wrong, and everyone who knew the young king knew it.

"I'm not fighting I'm just saying I'm better than cleaning up your scraps." King answers back with a hint of sarcasm. "especially if you're taking the cheap knockoff with you." King says side eyeing Cobra.

"What did you say!" cobra yells turning to King, though King does not even look at him turning his head away

"I thought you could hear everything" King starts with a smirk" Maybe your lacrima is making you defective." the young demon finishes with a snicker.

"Why I atta" Cobra goes to say but the brain puts an end to it with an "Enough!"

"King you will observe and if we need assistance we will call upon you," brain says with finality.

"Understood." brain states, not asking the boy. king looks at the brain and as much as he wants to keep fighting this, the enemy is probably still on the move.

" whatever" King mutters turning his head away as everyone(and as everyone I mean cobra, racer, and hoteye because brain didn't care and midnight was sleeping) took a breath.

" Now that that's settled let's move," Brain says as they all walk King thinks to himself ' this going to be so boring

"Don't worry boss

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so it was what to be expected. the dark guild was dominating. angle had Gemini whipping a blond girl, while hoteye was to Lamia scale mages with quicksand. Racer was running around like a manic attacking everyone open and Cobra was going toe to toe with a redhead who was apparently erza Scarlett.

and midnight was sleeping.

As King was watching from his vantage point Quinn was next to him providing commentary." And Racer goes for a quick kick to the sternum to the guy with pink hair while hoteye is drowning people with mud." she says excitedly throwing air punches.

"cobra he going against the red-headed chick with swords while midnight," she says starting bright before dropping to deadpan" is sleeping, I don't know what I was expecting but ok."

As King was listening to this something a few things caught his eye. While Scarlett was having a hard time King could see she was strong, the pink-haired mage with the scarf was a dragon slayer though he didn't know if he was raised by a dragon too, or another cheap knock. and a girl was hiding behind a rock. she was younger than him but not by much, with blue hair down her back with a scared expression on her face.

'what is she doing here' King thought to himself 'She looks like the wind could blow her over with how much she's shaking'.

before he could get a closer look he heard a crash and turned to see Cobra and Scarlett locked head-on. It looked like they were talking and the king was getting bit and pieces with his dragon hearing but nothing of substance but whatever it was made Cobra back off and hesitate.

whatever it was almost got him cut because the racer and hoteye had to come to the rescue"Get your head in the game cobra!" the racer yelled at him as Corba sent his snake to bite her arm.

'he hesitated' King thought as he looked at cobra. he might have been a cheap knockoff but that didn't mean he was weak, so whatever it was must have been big.

as the young mage thought this over the last of the enemy was taken down. 'well they put up a good fight...' as he looked at them then looked at the girl 'Well some of them' he finished the thought with a resentment at the cowardice.

As Brain was about to finish his spell he stopped looking shocked 'Never seen that face before' King thought to himself as quick to try to find the thing that stopped Brain cold. As it turned out it was the girl behind the rock. As brain muttered a name that felt strangely familiar, King had one thought.

'this might not be so boring after all.'