● Chapter 23 ●

As expected, the news only made Freddy's anxiety even worse.

He was practically watching Bonnie like a hawk, ready to catch him if he fell or to protect him from danger.

Bonnie had to be the strongest and most capable man Freddy had ever met. But now that he knew of his pregnancy, the bunny suddenly seemed so fragile.

It was like Bonnie would shatter if someone touched him too roughly. He seemed so vulnerable now. Bonnie was moving only slightly slower than usual and taking more breaks, yet it felt like he was dying.

The entire hike down the mountain, Freddy was holding Bonnie close and assisting him.

When he saw Bonnie was shivering in the cold wind, he removed his own coat to place over him. The bunny turned back to him in shock.

"Freddy, you need your jacket-" he whispered. The bear shook his head.

"I will be fine. You need it more." He assured.

When they finally got sailing again, it did not get any better. As soon as they entered the ship, Freddy brought Bonnie to rest in a hammock.

Bonnie sighed as Freddy removed his winter clothes for him. "I think this is a bit much, dear..."

Freddy shook his head. "Nonsense! I must look out for my family."

Bonnie rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless. When Freddy was done, he stood in front of the bunny and gently placed his paws on the sides of Bonnie's stomach.

"...I still can not believe it..."

He sat down facing Bonnie and kept one paw over his middle.

"We... we're having a child!" He exclaimed. Bonnie snickered and leaned in to wrap his arms around Freddy's chest.

"Really?? I had no idea -" He teased. Freddy playfully smacked Bonnie's arm.

"I hope they do not inherit your attitude." He retorted. 

Bonnie gasped in mock offense. He pulled away and placed a paw over his chest.

"Who, me?" He asked innocently.

"Yes, you." Freddy pulled him back in and held him affectionately.

"You have enough salt in you to fill a sea." He joked. Bonnie laughed and pushed him away gently.

Roxanne was adjusting to the pirate life rather quickly. She was strong-willed and a fast learner. They had learned she also had emaculate sight. Her vision was probably the best in the entire crew. It made her especially accurate using long-range weapons.

As promised, everyone helped to take care of the baby, too. Nobody knew of Bonnie's pregnancy yet besides Freddy. Roxanne allowed Freddy to hold Cassie often, and it only made him more excited for his own child. 

But as the days went on, he noticed his husband was not as happy about the news anymore.

.

Foxy would have figured it out eventually. They knew that. They would need his help finding a home for them.

Bonnie and Foxy were already good friends, so asking him for assistance was not an issue. The problem was that with the addition of Roxanne and Cassie, it would be a lot harder to get them settled. Roxanne and her baby still need a home and money as well. It was very unfortunate timing for everyone.

It has been almost six months since Foxy found them, and since they started sailing. Soon, they would need to settle somewhere until it was time to sail again. Bonnie's situation was no longer a secret, considering how obviously his bump has grown.