✩New Routine?✩- 05 (filler)

warning: fluff, small angst refferences

-Lix POV-

The tests were quite fast as they only took a blood sample and a hair sample. In the car, it was decently silent, aiding the fact that I still barely know Hyunjin.

"So...do you want to know me better? Want to play a game?" Hyunjin asked.

"Sure I guess." I muttered.

"Okay! So, it's basically a game to get to know each other better. I ask you a question, and you have to answer honestly. You ask me a question, and I'll answer you honestly. Understand?" He explains. I nod in response. "Okay! I'll start. What's your favorite color?" 

"Uhh...black." I answer in response.

"Nice. Mine is black and white." He says in return.

"Okay. What's your...favorite food?" I ask, indecisively. 

"Hmm...if I had to choose one...it'd be jjajangmyeon" Hyunjin says.

"Nice choice. For me, it'd be rice cakes." I softly smile. We talk for an hour or two, playing the game first, and then getting distracted and ending up talking about music. I found out that he is a really good rapper and a rap fan. Wow, interesting for a scientist. He found out that I was a classical music person. (i didn't intend the opposites until i wrote this...) 

That evening, he made us rice cakes as a side, and bulgolgi. I stuffed some of it into my mouth with chopsticks to find that it was really good. Soon enough, I had finished the whole meal, which was filling and delicious. 

-timeskip to the morning, also hyunjin's pov-

I sit on the kitchen counter sipping my coffee when I see Felix enter the room. 

"Good morning Lix! How was- are you okay?" I ask, noticing his extremely dark eye bags. 

"I'm fine." He responds quietly. 

"Are you sure? You look really tired." I comment, taking another sip of my coffee. The bitter- sweet taste stung on my tongue as I felt the caffeine powers my body. 

"I said I'm fine!" He says, raising his voice, just to cover his mouth with his hand afterwards. "S-sorry..." He mumbles, going back to his room.

"What's wrong? Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" I ask, tilting my head. He turns aroudn to looks back to me in confusion.

"So you're not mad?" He asks.

"What would I be mad about?" I ask in confusion. 

"Never mind..." he mumbles, picking up his chopsticks. 

"Hey, it's okay. You can tell me anything you need Lix." I comfortingly tell him.

"It's fine..." Felix mumbled. He said, poking at his food. That evening when I got up at around three in the morning, I saw that Felix's door was wide open and he was seemingly struggling to sleep.  I peeked in to see that he infact was asleep but going through something. He was tossing and turning in his bed too. He was struggling. 

"Lix, are you okay?" He gives no response so it's most likely having a nightmare. I pick him up and walk back to my room, his left ear twitching a bit. I set him down on the bed and get in myself too. He rolls to one side and the tosses a bit. I notice his shaking so I wrap my arms around him, and drap a leg over his. I try to make him feel as protected as possible for him to know that he's safe. 

His shaking subdues a lot and his ears flop down. Within minutes, I fall asleep too, feeling inner peace from hearing his soft breathing. 

That morning, I got up and detangled myself from him and got out of bed to do my morning routine. I got changed after shaking my hair dry to notice Felix waking up nad sitting up, rubbing his eyes. I then realize how adorable he looks, his messy hair and floppy rabbit ears. 

"Morning." I say, a bit above a whisper. 

"Morning." He says in that deep voice, deeper in the morning. 

"I may have to go to the lab today because there was an error with one of the experiments. Is it okay with you to stay at home by yourself today?" I ask, smoothening my coat out. 

"Yeah I guess. I can cook well too I guess..." He mumbles, slurring his words a bit. Probably the morning effect. He brought his hand up to his eyes, blocking the sun rays from his eyes. 

"Alright, but I may bring another exeriment home today. I'm one of the scientists with lesser...experiments to care for." I say, carefully choosing my words in hopes to not hurt Felix. He's fragile, broken from his past and is still recovering. 

"I'm fine with that I guess," He says. "Wait, how'd I end up in your bed?"

"I'd rather not answer that question." I say, holding my laugh back. 

"Okay then." He says lightly with a chuckle. Yes! I got a chuckle from him. He's recovering more, slowly but surely. I finish messing with my hair to make it look good, tying it up in a half ponytail.

"Would you like me to do anything? Like say hi to anyone? Get you anything?" I ask.

"Well, if you could, could you get me a copy of the Cinderella is Dead book?" He asks timidly. 

"Of course. I have it in the other room. I'll go fetch it real quick." I say, walkign to get it. Moments later, I return to the bedroom and hand him the book. 

"This looks interesting," He says, flipping it to the back side, eyeing the words as he figures out the plot. "Just like I though, looks interesting." He says with a small smile.

"Glad that you'll like it. Have fun reading it!" I say, putting my shoes on. "I'm going to go now. I'll see you in a few hours." I say, exiting the room.

"Bye." He says, back to monotone.

-Lix POV-

I get out of Hyunjin's bed, going to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. After so, I take a refreshing, my ears being fluffy and damp afterwards. I blow my hair out, fluffing my hair up.  

I grab the book, flipping through the pages. It's about a girl named Sophia who lives in Lille, a city where every teenager girl is supposed to attend an annual ball because it's part of the law. There, they have to dress the best they can and try to get chosen by the men there, or as they call them, suitors.

But Sophia doesn't want to get picked by a man. She would much rather chose a princess rather then a prince. I flip mindlessly through the pages and before I know it, I'm already on chapter eight. I place the book down to go make myself some food for breakfast. After so, I eat and spend the rest of my day on my phone, and reading the book I had gotten from Hyunjin. 

----------

words: 1160

im actually at my grandparents house so yeah.

its currently 22:36 for me so yeah. (11:36 PM)

who else is ready for christmas? I am!