11 - From a whipser to a scream

A/n: Trigger warning talks about death - Shay 🍄

Clarke's pov

As I scrubbed the mud and dirt off my body in the shower, the disbelief hit me like a tidal wave. 'I can't believe she's here' I thought, my mind a whirlwind of thoughts. Memories flashed before my eyes, the ark coming down to earth, escaping from Mount Weather, and now, the Grounder girl we kidnapped standing in Arkadia, adorned in attire so elegant making her look like royalty, was she?

What were we suppose to do, we never took the grounders up on their offer to make peace but suddenly their at our camp? I need to talk to my mother and Kane about this.

I hurriedly got out of the makeshift shower that has been put up and dried my body with a towel before putting on some clean clothes and setting off to find my mother.

Just as I rounded the corner of the beat up space craft I see my mother "Clarke I was just looking for you" she exclaimed. "Mum we need to talk"

"I know sweetie come" she says grabbing my hand and bringing me to a near by room that had Marcus Kane and a few others already waiting inside, I immediately spot Raven and run over to her and pull her into a desperate hug "where are the others" I mutter into her shoulder "Their out looking for you and everyone else blondie" she explains.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

We sat down, and over the next few hours, I was told the whole story. When the Ark arrived, they couldn't find most of us. Only a few of the 100 had managed to escape the pink smoke fumes. Those who escaped found the Ark and told them that we had been taken. In response, the Ark leaders went to the Grounders and negotiated a peace treaty to save our people in the mountain and to protect the Grounders' people as well.

I cant help but feel so relived. We made peace, there will be no blood shed on either side and for that I am extremely grateful that they made a deal. They went on to explain that the Grounders' commander, known as Heda, was in charge of all the different clans and that she was now our commander as well. My mom and Kane had taken on the roles of ambassadors in this new alliance.

"Mum who was that other girl dressed so nicely?" I ask trying to figure out who Edenia is to the grounders
"you mean the hainofi" Marcus states "the what?"

"She is what you call a princess, the commanders sister" immediately I gulp back my obvious nerves at his statement. We kidnapped a princess. "We know Clarke" my mum confirms startling me as to what she knows.

"The commander made us aware that you held her sister hostage. She said if anyone puts her or the commanders wife in danger she will not hesitate to kill us."

I sigh in relief that we have a second chance. Well really where probably up to our 5th chance with everything we've done.

"Rest for a while Clarke, we will be having a meeting with the commander about Mount weather and how you escaped soon" my mum breaths out hugging me contently, I'm so glad she's okay.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Writers pov

A while later

Clarke barely got any rest, she couldn't help but wonder about where the rest of her friends were and if they're okay, so she decided to go for a walk to clear my mind.

As Clarkes walking through the grounds of Arkadia she admires all the work that's been done since descending to earth. she suddenly stops however when she feels a tap on her shoulder making her turn around.