Chapter 10

I took one step forward and would go 3 step back.

Yuvika got tired of this and she pushed me and I could've almost tripped and fell.

Krish was by the bar, he had a drink in his hand. He was chatting to Sahil's dad.

When I got a little closer, I heard him say "Ab to dost ki shaadi ho rahi hai, tum kab karoge?"

Krish blushed and said "Kaisi baat kar rahe ho uncle, abhi un sab mai time hai"

Sahil's dad saw me and got up from his stool, he put a hand on my shoulder and said "Inse milo, she's the star of today, pura taam jhaam inhone hi kiya hai" He appreciated me.

"Inhe to bhot achhe se jaanta hu uncle" He said with a smirk.

Suddenly, all the anxiety and fear vanished and it was instead filled with anger.

"Uncle aapko Siya aunty dhundh rahi thi, she couldn't find her earrnings, she thinks it's with you"

He put his hands in his blazer's pocket and slammed his hand against his forehead slightly.

"Mere paas hi hai" He said and laughed.

He left.

"Miss Sharma" Krish greeted me.

"Tum- tum" I said but couldn't finish.
"Mai kya?" He said. "Mujhe chhodo, tum kitni sundar lag rahi ho" His eyes went up and down.

"Stop checking me out" I said.

"Yes ma'am"

"How're you here?" I asked him finally "I know you're Sahil's friend but like, how come he never told me about you? And" I hit his arm "Why didn't you ever come meet me!"

"Ow, Anika, that hurt" He said while massaging his arm where I hit him

"And wipe that smirk off of your face, Mr. Malhotra"

"Look, I know you're mad, but I could say the same thing for you. Why didn't you ever come to meet me?" He said.

Well, that's a good question.

"This is so weird. You are so not the same guy I met in Paris!"

"Hey, I did not get a plastic surgery"

"That's not-that's not what I meant" I said.

Suddenly, he came and engulfed me in his arms.

"I can't believe you're so grown" He said as if he's so much older than me.

I pushed him. "I'm literally 2 years younger than you, and you are" I poked my finger at his chest "such. a. jerk." I said "I don't ever wanna see you again"

I pushed him back a little and left.

I was just a few steps away when he gripped my wrist and pulled me back, I hit his chest.

He turned me around and then pushed me against the bar counter, he then brought both his arms on both my sides to cage me so I couldn't leave.

He leaned inside and spoke in my ear "Why so furious, Miss Sharma?"

I shivered and felt goosebumps all over my body.

"I hate you" I managed to whisper.

"No, you don't"

I pushed him off of me "Yes, I do. And I mean it so, so seriously"

I started to leave again and heard his voice calling "Anika"

Yuvika came rushing to me. "What happened?" she asked me.

"I hate that guy so so so much, I don't ever wanna see him again"

"Hua kya, btayegi?"

"He's so arrogant, he wouldn't stop smirking and when I started to leave, he caged me!"

"Caged you?"

I nodded "Caged me"

"Anika! That's so hot" She said with excitement.

I hated the fact that I could form words to talk to him, and what do I even talk to him about? Job's going great? Great. Oh and do you remember the time when we were in Paris and you wouldn't reveal who you are and oh, we kissed?

If I said that to Yuvika, she'd say yes.

No.

No way I'm gonna talk to him again, he's making so furious.

I was walking exactly no where, there was some time in varmala, the pooja still hasn't ended yet.

***

When it was the time for varmala, everyone was sitting and the bride and the groom were on the stage.

Us friends, who were very enthusiastic about the wedding, were standing with flowers

The guys would pull Sahil back or made him sit on their shoulders every time Meera tried to put the varmala.

And when Sahil would go for it, Meera's brothers would do the same.

Finally, both of them put the varmala and everyone threw flower petals at them.

Meera said something to Sahil in his ears and he blushed so damn hard.

Everyone agreed that the couple looked really cute.

No pov:

Tara Sharma and Suhani Malhotra are close friends and always wished they could turn into family.

All the Malhotra's and Sharma's were talking together about their kids marriage.

"Sara to mujhe ye topic chhedne bhi nahi deti" Suhani Malhotra said. "She's so sensitive about it"

"Maa you know i'm too young to get married, why do you wanna get rid of my itni jaldi? I'm going na tomorrow" Sara said.

"Arey, itni jaldi chli jaayegi Sara?" Tara Sharma says.

"Iske exams shuru hone wale hai, pass nahi hui to gaya iska travel show" Vivek Malhotra said.

"Isse yaad aaya" Arun Sharma said "Krish isn't married yet, is he?"

"No, Arun. He's not" Vivek says "In fact, I asked him a few times if he has a girlfriend he's serious about but he doesn't have one. London mai bhi koi pasand nahi aa rha iss ladke ko"

"Well, humari Anika doesn't seem to have a boyfriend either. She's so focused on work, bolti hai business start karungi Vivek uncle ki tarah. She's earning well, most recommended architect hai as of now" Arun says.

"She's always had it in herself to be the best" Suhani laughs "Waise, it seems thoda crazy, but how about we ask Krish and Anika if they'd wanna get married!" She suggested.

Tara took Suhani's hands in hers "I love this idea. The kids have loved each other since they were kids"

"What's going on you guys?" Krish came towards them with his hands in his pants pockets.

Everyone around giggled.

"Krish" Vivek says

"Ji, papa?"

"You don't have a girlfriend, right?" He asked.

Krish flushed and got embarrassed and looked at everyone "Kaisi baatein kar rhe ho sabke saamne"

"Dekha! He's single" Vivek cheers.

"Why? What do you mean?" He asked, confused.

"Ghar chal kar baat krte hai" Suhani said with a smirk.

"Kis baare mai mom?"

"You'll know" She winked.

Just then, they saw Anika going somewhere, they called her over and she stood beside Krish.

"Achhe to lag rahe hai kaafi, but ye to hume pehle se pata tha" Tara says.

"Kya bolri ho mamma?" Anika says.