Chapter 28

"He just walked out on you?" Yuvika said on the phone.

"It was partly my fault. I was already upset by what happened earlier and there was something he couldn't tell me" I told her.

"But that's not the point. The point is you guys are getting married and if there's something he can't tell you, that's just really fishy" She said.

I thought about what she said but I think he has his reasons. He once mentioned that it isn't safe for me to know and I dropped it.

I've time to time made sure he doesn't tell me something he's uncomfortable with. But he just got really insane just at the mention of the guy's name.

"I just- I need him to be truthful. Anyway, I've got to run to the grocery store. I won't have any sugar to give to the padosi aunty" I told her and we ended the call.

Yuvika was doing pretty good. They were in Italy for their honeymoon and she's having the time of her life.

I put on my shoes and locked the door on my way out. I walked to the grocery store. It wasn't near but I just wanted to walk and clear my mind.

I picked out a few fruits, vegetables, noodles, chocolates, cake base.

I feel like baking even though I know nothing about it. There is a perfectly good oven that was already installed when I moved in and I don't want it to get rusty.

I picked out a few other items and added them in the basket. I went up to the billing counter and paid.

I picked up the bag of groceries and went outside. The bag was heavy but not that heavy that I can't pick it up.

When I stepped outside, I saw a familiar car, Krish's car. Anger filled up in me. Is he following me now? Or does he need groceries too?

I walked to his car and knocked on his window. I saw that his hand was over his eyes and his seat was all the way to the back.

He opened his eyes and looked at the window and saw me. He rolled down the windows and only then I saw how red his eyes were.

He immediately covered his eyes when he rolled down the window.

"What happened? Are you okay? Why're your eyes so red? KRISH!" I said but he just scrunched up his face.

"I'm having a migraine" He said.

"WHAT!" I said and opened the door.

"Anika! Don't!" He groaned.

I removed his seatbelt and made him stand up and go to the passenger seat.

"I'm taking you home"

I kept the groceries in the back seat quickly and drove the car to my house. I darkened the windows and made sure it was dark inside.

I gave him the sunglasses kept in dashboard when we reached and took him up to my apartment.

I switched off the lights as i went on inside the house and drew the blinds.

I took him to my room and made him lie down.

"Can you please sleep?" I said and took off his sunglasses.

"No. Can you give me my phone? I need it right now"

"No I will not. Sleep for a couple hours and take this" I passed him a tablet and a glass of water. He popped the pill and fell on the pillow.

He groaned a bit and complained that he needs his phone because he has some important stuff to do but I refused. Among many other things, he didn't tell me that he gets migraines too.