Chapter 12

"There's something you should know" I said.
"What is it?"
"I haven't told this to anyone but I feel like you should know"
"You don't have a boyfriend do you?" He nervously laughed.

I looked at him "No, I don't and it's nothing like that"

"What is it then?"

"It's nothing really, but i don't work as an architect anymore" I said "I quit my job months ago and I am really all set to launch my business"

He smiled so hard "Are you kidding me? I'm moving to London! I mean SAKR is more efficient to work in from London and I was gonna talk to you about it. Believe me, business is so much easier in London, and if it doesn't work there, we'll figure it out then"

This made me so happy.

"I'm sorry for being a jerk yesterday" He said "I got really nervous when I saw you and I wanted to play it cool, I know it seemed arrogant"

"Well Mr Malhotra, I'm glad you realised that" I crossed my arms "Or you could've been a victim of my punch"

He laughed "Wouldn't want that now, would we?"

"No, we don't" I said.

We laughed. I couldn't maintain eye contact with him but he never for once let his eyes wander around anywhere.

Our parents came out of the house and saw us.

Krish looked at me and mouthed 'may i?'
I nodded.

He held my hand and we walked towards our parents. He raised the hand he put the kangan in.

"Oh my, This is the best day ever" Suhani aunty said and hugged me.

My parents hugged Krish.

"Maa, ab to bhabhi bol lu na ya firse maaroge? Sara said.

Everyone laughed at her comment.

____________________________

Yuvika was at my house and she was admiring my kangan.

"Aunty aapne mujhe nahi bulaya m naraz hojaau aapse toh?" She scolded my mom.

My mom pinched her cheeks "Zyaada draame mat maara kar, bola tha maine tujhe aane ko"

"Okay aunty, m to maze le rahi thi aap maar kyu rahe ho" She complained.

Yuvika was dancing like she was in a club when ma left my room. She was more excited than I was.

"We're both getting married!!!" She cheered.

"I'm not getting married yet, chup kar k baith ja idiot" I told her but she didn't stop instead dragged me too and started playing 'Latt Lag gayi'

"Yuviiiii stop na"
"Teri shaadi pr m nahi naachungi to or kon naachega, meri jaan?"
"Naach lena but abhi nahi hori hai na meri shaadi!"

Tanmay opened the door to my room and stepped in without my permission.

He saw Yuvika dancing and started dancing too.

Did everyone in my house just started dancing?

                                            ***

It was around 8 PM and I was helping maa with dinner when my phone buzzed. I checked to see who it.

I opened the text message and felt heat rising up to my cheeks and bit my lower lip at the text.

"With everything happening, I forgot to tell you how pretty you were looking today" It said.

"You didn't have to, your jaw drop told me that" I texted back and threw my phone immediately.