Chapter 9

As the night draws near, we encounter Hop in the lobby, who exclaims, "Morning! So this is it... Now my legend really begins! Watch out, Ash, Alice, Victor! I'll beat you to Motostoke Stadium!" With that, Hop dashes off, filled with determination.

Observing Hop's departure, Helen asks, "Is he always like that?"

Gloria responds with a sigh, "Yeah..."

Spotting Marnie feeding a Pokémon nearby, Victor greets her, "Hey, Marnie."

"Good to see you again," Marnie replies warmly.

Intrigued, Alice inquires, "Wow, what kind of Pokémon is that?"

"That's a Morpeko," Marnie explains. "It's always hungry, so I have to keep feeding it."

"Urara!" Morpeko chirps, bonding with Pikachu as they share their Electric Type connection.

As the conversation continues, Marnie expresses, So the Gym Challenge is finally startin'. I'd wish you luck, but I'm afraid I'm goin' to be the one to win."

"Sure," Victor responds. "Let's hope we get the chance to battle together someday."

Marnie blushes slightly before quickly composing herself. "Let's go, Morpeko," she says, and then leaves the hotel.

Puzzled by Marnie's behavior, Alice asks, "What's up with her?"

"I don't know, but we should head there as well," I suggest. With that, we leave the hotel, eager to embark on their Gym Challenge journey and ready to embrace the challenges that await us at Motostoke Stadium.

As we arrive at the Gym Stadium, the staff at the counter addresses me, "Well, Ash Ketchum. You see, we must ask that Gym Challengers wear their uniforms for all official events. The opening ceremony marks the beginning of the Gym Challenge...so you know what that means."

Victor interjects, understanding the situation. "We have those clothes in the hotel room closets, right?"

"Exactly," Alice confirms. "Apologies, but we'll need to change, so we'll catch up with you later."

With a farewell from Gloria, Flora, and Helen as they head to the audience seats, the three of us make our way to the changing area. We don our Gym Challenger uniforms—white shirts paired with white shorts, adorned with our respective numbers on the back of the shirt and the sides of the shorts.

"Alice, you look fantastic," Ash compliments. "That 038 suits you perfectly."

Blushing slightly, Alice replies, "Thank you, Ash. And your Number 151 looks great on you too."

I turn to Victor, acknowledging, "Your number 890 suits you perfectly as well."

"You're too kind, Ash," Victor responds with a smile. "And Alice is right, your number suits you too."

"Thanks, everyone. Let's head out," I suggest as we exit the registration room, ready to partake in the Gym Challenge Opening Ceremony.

As the crowd roars with excitement, Chairman Rose takes the center stage in the stadium, commanding attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen! I am Rose, chairman of the Pokemon League! I know that everyone gathered here and everyone watching from home have all been waiting for this big moment! It is my pleasure to announce that finally, the Galar region Gym Challenge will now begin!"

The crowd erupts in cheers, showing their enthusiasm for the awaited event. "Yes, the Gym Challenge! Competitors must triumph over 8 of the 18 esteemed Gym Leaders across the region... earning 8 gym badges to showcase their prowess as Trainers! Only the most exceptional challengers will earn the right to face the greatest Champion in our history! Now, I'd like to invite the Gym Leaders to make their appearance!"