Chapter 59

Once Alice and I are back at the Master Dojo, Mustard is already at the battlefield, and he grins at us, saying, "Ah, there you are, Ash, Alice! Keeping this old man waiting, hmm?"

"Sorry, Master Mustard," we apologize in unison. He just laughs heartily, his joviality putting us at ease. "Relax, you two. I'm not angry with you. Since you've completed all three trials... I'll give you the secret armor of the Master Dojo!"

As he takes out two Pokeballs, he continues, "Now then... Come on out!"

Suddenly, two small, grey bear-like Pokemon pop out of the Pokeballs. One of them starts to punch Mustard playfully in the hands, while the other kicks the pillars in the room. Thankfully, it doesn't leave a scratch, or else the dojo would need some serious repairs.

As Alice and I move forward towards the two small, shy-looking Pokemon, we immediately hide behind Mustard. He chuckles and reassures us, "This Pokemon is, in fact, the secret armor of the Master Dojo! Say hello to... Kubfu!"

"Kubfu? But it looks so little..." I express my surprise. "I mean... I thought that Armor is like an armor, which we can wear..."

"I know... I know... It's tiny," Mustard acknowledges, "But raise them with diligence, and it'll become strong enough to see you through any battle, just like a suit of armor. No opponent will be able to get past it!"

"Really?" Alice asks with a hopeful tone.

"These ones, in particular, have amazing potential! The problem is, they're a bit shy... It just doesn't seem to have much confidence in themselves," Mustard explains. "So I was thinking, Ash, Alice! Maybe if it joins you on your adventure, that'll help it break out of its shell a little bit! So take good care of Kubfu, 'kay? It's in your hands now!"

The two bear Pokemon sense that we are not hostile as they cautiously approach us. With smiles on our faces, we say, "It's nice to meet you, Kubfu." Kubfu responds with a warm smile of its own.

Kubfu: The Wushu Pokemon: Fighting Type. Kubfu trains hard to perfect its moves. The moves it masters will determine which form it takes when it evolves.

Mustard continues his instructions, "Now then... The first thing for you to do is become best friends with Kubfu! You need to build trust! Kubfu hasn't really had a chance to explore the world outside the dojo, so... Maybe it'll help you become better friends if you let it have a look around! Maybe take it to a spot that has a great view of the Isle of Armor! I'll have my students standing at good spots, so just keep an eye out!"

"That will be great, Master Mustard," Alice and I respond in unison.

He adds, "And of course, having battles or camping out together will also help you become more friendly toward each other. What else...? Well, right now I can't think of some now... You'll be friends in no time if you walk together! Go and take a stroll with Kubfu, why don't you? Once you're best buddies, we'll start Kubfu's training in earnest. Just stop by and let me know once you think you're ready!"

After bidding farewell to Mustard, we encounter Honey, who seems eager to talk to us. She asks, "Ash, Alice. Just the people I wanted to see! Tell me... Do you collect Watts?"

I reply, "Well, we did collect some since we wanted to find some good rewards from the Digging Duo back in the day. Why do you ask?"

"You know, I've actually been trying to gather up Watts to spruce up the dojo a bit, get some more gear... but both my darling hubby and my son are more the indoor types, you know?"

"I didn't know about that," Alice remarks.

Honey continues, "And it is pretty hard for me to collect that many Watts all on my own... If you ever happen to have some Watts to spare, Ash, Alice, I'd be glad to take them."