Chapter 55

"Ash, Alice," we hear my Mom calling, and without hesitation, we both head over to her.

"What's going on, Mom?" I inquire.

"Considering that you've become the Champion and saved the entire Galar Region, don't you think it's time for a well-deserved break?" Mom suggests.

"We could have, but what are you getting at, Ms. Ketchum?" Alice questions.

"You see, I want you to check out the Isle of Armor. I've reached out to a special friend of mine, and I believe it would be a valuable experience for both of you to train with him," Mom explains.

We exchange glances, and I respond, "If that's the case, then we're definitely up for it."

"Great," my mom says with a smile. "To reach the Isle of Armor, you'll need a special pass, and I happen to have two of them."

We receive the Armor Pass and stow it in our bag. I then turn to Alice and ask, "So, Alice, are you ready for a new adventure?"

"Absolutely, Ash," Alice replies with a sweet voice.

After bidding farewell to my mom, we make our way to Wedgehurst Station and spot two individuals engaged in conversation with a staff member.

"The train to the Isle of Armor has arrived. Those with the Armor Pass, please board the train," the announcement rings out, prompting the staff member to inquire, "Do you have the Armor Pass?"

"Hee hee! Of course, I totally have one!" the girl in the purple and green costume replies with a mischievous grin.

"Naturally. I have made all the proper preparations, which you can observe with unclouded eyes," the boy, surrounded by floating Pokeballs, responds with an air of confidence.

"Please allow me to check your passes," the staff member requests, and they promptly display their Armor Passes.

Unbeknownst to them, a Slowpoke approaches the train's gate. The girl exclaims, "Oh, a Slowpoke!"

"Hmph. To meet a Slowpoke... Such a thing is simply elegant,"the boy remarks with an air of sophistication.

"Uh-oh, it seems another one has hopped on the train and made its way from the Isle of Armor," the staff member sighs.

I chime in, "I've never seen a Slowpoke like this before..."

"Me neither...but it must be a Galarian form," Alice speculates.

The staff member quickly recognizes us as Pokémon Trainers and requests, "You're Pokémon Trainers, right? If Slowpoke blocks the ticket gate, it will cause trouble for other customers. Slowpoke are actually pretty heavy...So, do you think you could catch it for me?"

"Sure," I reply, summoning Pikachu to the task. With a Thunderbolt attack, Pikachu successfully paralyzes the Slowpoke, and I seize the opportunity to toss a Pokéball and capture it.

Slowpoke (Galarian Form): The Dopey Pokemon: Psychic Type. Although this Pokémon is normally zoned out, its expression abruptly sharpens on occasion. The cause for this seems to lie in Slowpoke's diet.

"Wow! Amazing! The way you caught that Slowpoke was the absolute coolest," the girl exclaims with excitement.

"Indeed. How interesting... I must say, your catching style was quite simply elegant," the boy adds, his admiration evident.

"Um...thank you," I respond with a slight sweatdrop, feeling a bit flustered by their praise.

"We apologize for the wait. We have checked your Armor Pass," the staff member announces. "All aboard the train to the Isle of Armor. Mind your step when boarding. Please be aware that there will be a connection along the way."