Chapter 2: The Choosing

A/N: HEY, THANKS FOR READING MY STORY, ITS NOT THAT GOOD BUT I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. HERE'S THE NEXT PART. ENJOY!
.......................
Professor McGonagall stood in the back of the room, looking disapprovingly as Miss Pulchra stood at the front, holding the bowl of names. She smiled at everyone. "Hello! You just heard Mrs.Malum explain the rules, so let's begin!" She stuck her hand in the bowl and picked out a piece of paper. Ginny sucked her breath in and Harry squeezed her hand. "Hermione Granger!" Hermione stood up, her face pale. She hugged Ron and smiled at Harry and Ginny as she walked up to the front of the room. "I volunteer!" Ron yelled, standing up. Miss Pulchra frowned. "Only people of the same gender may volunteer!" Ginny took Ron's hand. Miss Pulchra reached into the bowl again. "Dennis Creevy!" Harry remembered Dennis. He was Colin Creevy's brother, who had died in the war. Dennis started walking shakily. He looked like he was going to cry. Harry stood up immediately. "I volunteer." Dennis nodded and ran back to his seat. Harry nodded at Ron and kissed Ginny on the cheek before walking to stand next to Hermione. She smiled at him and he took her hand and squeezed it. Finally, Miss Pulchra picked the next name. "Katie Bell!" Harry saw his former Qudditch teammate walk towards them. Her eyes were angry, but scared at the same time. No one volunteered for her. Harry felt outraged that no one was volunteering for her. Didn't they care? But sweeping his gaze across the classroom, he realized that most people were scared. They didn't want to risk their life, especially not after the war.
Miss Pulchra stepped forward. "And these are our tributes from Gryffindor! Give them a hand!" And a quiet, halfhearted applause rang in the room.
.........................
"Don't even think of trying to break up with me, Harry Potter." Harry looked at Ginny critically. "What do you mean?" He asked innocently. "You do that all the time," Ginny said. "Every time you do something dangerous you try to disconnect yourself from everyone else so that they don't get hurt. Well, I'm telling you that you shouldn't even try." Harry kissed her. "Fine, but I need you to do something for me." Ginny nodded. "Their plan is to keep this going. I need to figure out what the heck is going on. Can you help?" She looked at him determinedly. "Okay," she said. "And if I don't make it back..." Harry trailed off. Ginny kissed him. "You better. And you will. Two people will live. So you and Hermione can come home." She hugged him. "I should probably go to Hermione." Harry nodded. She smiled at him and left.
Harry paced his section of the room. The three tributes were given an hour to talk with their friends. As for their family, a letter would have to be written. He glanced at his watch, the one Mrs. Weasley had given him for his 17th birthday. 30 minutes left. He had spent about twenty minutes with Ginny. The other ten minutes had been random people. And George, who had wished him good luck and had just talked conversationally with him. And now Ron was coming. "Hey mate," Ron said. "Hey." Harry grinned at him. "Well," Ron fidgeted awkwardly. He hesitated. The he said,"You'll get out. You're top at defense and stuff. You'll make it back." Harry nodded. "Thanks, Ron." Then he lowered his voice. "Don't worry, Ron. About Hermione, I mean. She's really smart and I'll be with her." "Thanks, mate." Ron clapped him on the back. "Ginny and I'll try to figure what's going on from here. So will Neville. And Luna, if she wasn't picked for Ravenclaw." Finally, Miss Pulchra called, "Okay, everyone except the tributes, out!" Harry and Ron clapped each other on the back. "Bye, mate," Harry said. "Bye, Harry." And Ron left, with a kiss from Hermione. Ginny stopped in front of him and kissed him. "Bye," she whispered. Harry hugged her. "Bye."
.......................
"You will be taken to the training center with this carriage that Beauxbatons has nicely provided for you." Miss Pulchra stood in front of a humongous pink and white carriage, as large as an apartment. She opened the door. "Go on in." Katie, Hermione, and Harry looked at each other, then went in. "Whoa!" They were shocked. It was a fancy parlor, with cotton candy pink and white everywhere. It was a pink and white wonderland. There were many couches and tables. A chandelier with crystal lights brightened the scene. The windows had pink curtains with a white lace trim. "Well then." Miss Pulchra spun around once. "This is quaint." She clapped her hands. "So, shall we review your competition?" She waved an envelope. "I have pictures."