Chapter 18: The Finale

November 11th, 2038 12:01 am

Outside of android recall center number five in downtown Detroit, Markus and his group of deviants met up with Connor and his army of CyberLife androids. The groups halted as the two androids, the two men, walked towards each other, North and Josh right behind their leader.

"You did it, Markus..." Connor said.

"We did it," Markus emphasized. "This is a great day for our people. Humans will have no choice now. They'll have to listen to us..."

They shared a smile, then Connor stepped to the side so Markus could fully see all the people he was the leader of. North walked to his side, and the two looked at each other lovingly.

"We're free," North said. "They want you to speak to them, Markus..." They pressed their hands together, then wrapped their arms around each other and kissed. They parted, and smiled at their people.

Connor watched on with a smile. Markus and North looked good together. A certain blue-eyed detective crossed his thoughts, and he suddenly became very worried. Had she completed her mission? Was she alright? Was she safe and unharmed? His smile fell and his eyebrows scrunched together.

"CONNOR!"

His head snapped up and he whirled around in the direction of the shout. On the other side of the barricade was the woman he wanted to see most: Clara, still dressed in her 'deviant' disguise. Her visible breath came out quickly as she panted, her brown hair tangled and messy, and her cheeks were bright pink from the cold. She never looked more beautiful to Connor.

"Clara..." Connor quietly said.

"Well look who decided to join the party," Markus commented with a smirk.

Clara looked at the obstacle blocking her way and frowned. She climbed the bars and swung herself over the top, landing in the snow on the other side. She briefly slipped on the snow, but quickly caught herself. She looked up and made eye contact with Connor, who had started walking towards her. She smiled as she rushed forward towards him and he walked faster. They practically crashed into each other, Clara wrapping her arms around his neck and Connor wrapping his arms around her whole body, one tightly around her waist and one reaching up her back, his hand gently gripping the back of her head. They squeezed each other tightly, relieved to be in the arms of their loved one.

They pulled apart, his arms still around her and her hands resting on his chest. She looked up at him and let out a little laugh, Connor grinning. She glanced down at the collar of his shirt and gently tugged at it.

"Hey, you're missing your tie," she observed.

"It was too restraining."

"Well I like it. You look good when you dress casually." She smoothed the top of his shirt out, focusing on his top buttons. "So... Mission complete?" She raised her gaze to look at him, and lifted an eyebrow.

Connor gave her a lopsided smirk. "Mission complete."

He leaned down and pressed his lips against hers, raising one of his hands to tangle in her hair. She pressed herself closer to him and leaned into the kiss.

Off to the side, Markus smiled. His pseudo-sister looked happier than he's seen her in a long time.

Markus stood on a large crate, addressing his people. North and Josh stood behind him on his right, and Connor and Clara behind him on his left. Thousands of androids stood together, looking up at their leader and savior as snow lightly fell around them.

"Today, our people finally emerged from a long night. From the very first day of our existence, we have kept our pain to ourselves. We suffered in silence... But now the time has come for us to raise our heads up, and tell humans who we really are."