Chapter 7

Still don't know an update schedule. I've been playing in my drafts, so I'm really behind on writing in this. I've gotten a bit of writer's block on it, as I feel like I might be coming near an ending. Still planning out everything, and I need to reread it (ugh 😒) so we'll see in time. If I stay uncertain on an update schedule, then I'll try once a week at least. If I go longer than a week without updating, shoot me a message 😂 I'll update for you guys every 7 days until I'm more sure of this book's direction beyond where I'm at.

***

Soon after Chan broke the news that Jisung would be coming with us to the river pack with all the other omegas Chan bought, Chan, Minho, Seungmin, Hyunjin and I all left to trek back to the river pack's camp. And that night, I was left to go to sleep on my own, as Chan was busy taking care of the pack affairs.

When I woke up, I was curled up in my wolf form. Apparently, Chan had joined me while I was sleeping, as I woke up to my nose tucked into his furry neck.

"Good morning, beautiful." He mumbled in my head, the moment that he noticed I was awake.

I didn't answer. I yawned, letting out a soft whine as I closed my mouth, before I tucked my face back into his neck. I thumped my tail a bit, content as we laid together. Especially when he started to groom me, though it was a bit awkward and embarrassing when he started to chew some burrs out of my fur.

Stop it. I'll get them later.

"I'm getting them now."

I don't want you to.

"Oh well. I'm already on it."

I growled softly at him, but he didn't stop cleaning up my fur. Even when I whipped my head over and nipped at his face, he didn't stop. He nipped back at me just as fast, making me whimper and drop my head down to my alpha.

"That's what I thought." He said smugly, as he continued to groom the burrs out of my fur.

I groaned at him, but obediently stayed still so I wouldn't get an actual bite from him.

You're gonna be hacking up cream colored hairballs later and everyone is gonna know what you did to me this morning. How are we going to live with the entire pack knowing this?

"I don't care." He said as he intentionally started to lick my fur backwards so it would make ugly peaks in it. "I think there's worse things the pack could notice me doing to you anyway."

Like what?

...

Don't answer that.

He chuckled at me, before he gently nibbled on my ear. "You're adorable when you're shy, baby."

Shut up. I grumbled. Don't you have somewhere to be, anyway?

"Hmm? No. Where do you think I need to be right now?"

Going to the sun pack to pick up the omegas?

"Minho is handling it. The convoy set off before the sun was even up. They're probably just entering the sun pack's territory by now."

You didn't go?

"I wanted to stay with you. Our entire second day together was just business."

You can't forget about running the pack to be with me.