Chapter 23

Hi~~

So, I just wanted to make sure that I told you guys something while I'm thinking about it. You have like 3 more chapters (I think) before the end. And I was thinking--

I kind of want to write a little bit more to conclude this a bit better. Like, a chapter or two, idk. And I don't know if I'm gonna be able to complete that before you guys would be finished off. But what I'm saying is--I might hold off in publishing the epilogue if I'm not finished before you guys get there, just so I can write those chapters (and so y'all will be in the same place still, and not be skipped backwards when I finish the chapters.) But I wanted to say that. I want to make sure that this finishes in the best possible way the way I've intended for it to finish, and I've decided (very last minute 😅) that I'd like to do a bit more. So, if it comes to me holding off the epilogue, I hope you can be understanding. It's so I can write a bit more for you guys❤️

P.S.: It's 6 AM for me and I'm about to go to bed. Good night 😂 (I love having insomnia 😃)

***

The next morning, Chan and I went to do his work together.

I mean, I wasn't helping him.

But I was there, hugging him from behind and purring at him as he was typically talking to some of the guards watching the 'hostages' as they called them, and even following him--about two steps--into the 'torture room', before Chan gently nudged me to get out. Though it wasn't because the hostages were being tortured--rather, it was because one of the alphas had started his rut and my presence made him more aggressive.

I ended up waiting outside with one of the alpha guards nearby for Chan to come back out. And when the alpha did, he was silent. I assume, speaking in his mind link. He came over and gently grabbed my arm as he walked us away, probably still talking in his mind link if the blank expression on his face was anything to go on.

"Is everything okay, baby?" I asked as I stared up at him.

"Better than I expected." Chan mumbled. "Can you go and pack some clothes for us into bags?"

"What? Why?" I asked, tilting my head at him.

"Because. We're going to visit a human village tomorrow." He said simply as he sent me a little smile. "We'll need two night's worth of clothes."

"We're staying the night in a human village?" I asked incredulously. "Wait--why are we going to a human village anyway?"

"We'll be staying out in the woods, actually. I'll be rounding up anyone that wants to head to the village and then we'll be on our way first thing in the morning. We're going to get supplies, for the most part. But we've also got some time to waste. I'm sending messages to each of the nearby packs. It will take about the same amount of time for the messages to be received and replied to as it will for us to go to the human village and return. So we might as well take care of business in that time."

"I mean...okay, but...this doesn't seem like a good time to be leaving the pack. What if the wind pack attacks while we're gone?"

He sent me another smile. "I'm not worried about that. The hostages have given us some good information. Willingly, I might add."