Chapter 25

There's chapter 26 next...then the epilogue.

I'm working on a chapter 27, but idk if I'm gonna be able to finish it in the next three days 😅 I'll try. But idk. But I'm trying to extend the story by two more chapters for you guys, so it's a bit more smoothe (or rather, I get in some more events you guys were mentioning~)

So, we'll see how things play out.

***

Before I knew it, three days had passed.

One for us to arrive back home.

One for Chan to plan a war...

And one for Chan to leave to participate in said war.

Leaving me to take care of the pack without my mate--for two weeks now.

Thankfully though--and surprisingly enough--Jisung was with me for the majority of the time that I was expected to lead. He'd had most of the training from our father on pack leading and had volunteered to give me pointers. Plus, it didn't hurt that it gave us both the chance to lean on each other while our mates were gone. It kept us from stressing about our mates being gone for a battle.

Chan reassured us that there was more than enough backup between the river pack and three neighboring packs that agreed to straighten out the wind pack, but...

I still can't help but worry.

I sighed, as I brought myself back to attention. Looking up at all of the alphas sitting at an oval shaped meeting table, with me at the head.

"So..." I mumbled, as my eyes curiously drifted back down and over some documents. "There are five huts that no one lives in?" I asked softly as my eyes flitted up for reassurance from the bunch of alpha advisors I'd been faced with this morning."

"Yes." One of them confirmed.

"Right." I mumbled. "And...tell me again why we can't just room two of the homeless omegas in each of them? Five of the omegas from the sun pack have already found mates and both parties of all of the relationships have agreed to move in together. Leaving ten omegas that are unmated and needing homes. I think that my old pack mates would be happiest living with a cuddle buddy. Why do you think that it's a bad idea for the omegas to move into these homes?" I asked as I looked between the alphas and the document I held.

"Our leader has not designated any purpose for those huts yet. They may not be meant for that purpose. If we house the omegas in those homes and our leader returns and turns out to have had a different purpose for those huts, we would either have to remove the omegas from the homes or waste the time and resources to build more huts. We can't just agree to something like this without his approv--"

"I am the luna of this pack." I said, cutting him off in the strongest voice I could muster out of me, surprisingly enough, silencing the alpha with my words. I made eye contact with him for a few moments, before I continued. "And I think that homing the omegas taking up the military barracks is very important. What other purpose could those huts possibly have? They were recently built. And I was specifically told by my husband that homes were being taken care of for my packmates. I fully intend to expedite homing my packmates. Do we need another problem that causes us to need to evacuate all of the alphas all over again? What do you think will happen the moment that another omega has another heat in that room? We will have to evacuate again. For days. Again. Do you want this to happen?"

"No, but--"

"But nothing. I've stated my case, and my intentions." I said as I sat down the document in my hand, my eyes momentarily falling to it before I made eye contact with every single alpha in the room. "And I expect that this will be signed by each and every one of you by the end of the day, and each of the omegas still sleeping in the damned barracks will have homes by tomorrow. Understood?"