Chapter 28

My sexy bias ^^^^^

***

~Jisung's POV~

Oh.

My.

God.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god--

Oh my god.

Minho is holding my hands.

Minho. Is. Holding. My. Hands.

Our fingers are intertwined. He stands so close to me, I can feel it when he breathes all the way in. He stands taller than me, dwarfing me in a way that made my heart flutter for him all the more. He had an uninterested, nonchalant expression on his face, as he led me a bit lazily through some human dance. But even if this was the laziest waltz I'd ever participated in, I was set. My eyes, blue since the moment he approached me, watched him as he strung me along. He was definitely not the best dancer. Or rather, it didn't feel like he really knew this dance. He moved like he had two left feet, way too confident for his level of dance. Proving to me quickly that he was a man of war, not fancy things like human ball dances.

I had to hold in a giggle each time he forgot a certain step. We looked horrible compared to the other couple dancing around Chan and Felix's marriage bonfire. After all, my leader didn't seem to have any idea what he was leading me towards. Though honestly, it was sweet and made me blush that he was even trying.

He's been so sweet to me...

Ever since he laid down with me as wolves, and...he told me what he thought. That he wanted to be the father of our pup, and...asked me to move in with him. I think he got used to me pretty quickly. Or at least, I'd like to think so. He goes as far as to cuddle me at night.

I really hope it isn't just his instincts pushing him to. He holds our pup constantly. I don't want to give birth, and...have to experience him stopping that behavior. I want him to hold me for forever.

He...

Even though he was sweet to me, and did 'couple' things with me now, he...really didn't do much beyond the standard stuff. He's never kissed me. He hasn't even mated me again. He doesn't seek out affection. He only gives it when we're in the same bed at night. I guess that should be expected...to an extent. I know that he isn't an affectionate man. All he cares about is war. Protecting his pack. He doesn't have time for romance. He isn't interested in romance. He's only trying with me because I'm carrying his pup.

I want more from him.

But I've already pushed his boundaries once before.

I don't want him to change his mind about everything. So...

I accepted things the way they were. I had already come to terms with that.

I smiled, even if it was a bit sour. I let go of Minho's hands, earning the alpha's proper attention, before my arms wrapped around his waist. I placed my head against his chest, closing my eyes and listening to his heart as I swayed us to the music instead.

I've already come to terms with this. That he may never truly want me. Or truly love me.

But...

I tuned everything out. Solely listening to his heart beating in his chest. Slowly, but...surely, I could hear it. The quickening, strengthening of his heart beat as it began to race. My eyes opened, unsure if I had been mistaking the sound. It was cut off by Minho clearing his throat.