Chapter 9

I was curious...

And...

I guestimated how much I would have spent on kpop merch over my time as a kpop fan...

And after looking through all of my albums and merch...

I've probably spend about 6,000 USD on kpop merch in the past 4½ years...

😶

***

Before I knew it, the day was up. I had been busy all day, and though I got to see Chan for a few of the things he'd scheduled for me, I felt lonely not getting to casually be with him.

It does kind of surprise me that in just a few days, I feel kind of dependent on his companionship. I can't believe I'm feeling lonely without him.

...

For a few moments, I paused after my thought. Mainly to wait and see if Chan might respond, or if the training I'd gotten today had actually helped me.

The only way for me to know is by talking to Chan. He's the only one I'm linked to, after all.

...

Maybe I should try actually talking to him instead.

...

"Hey...?" I called in my mind a bit awkwardly, just like my teacher had told me to. Or through my best interpretation through their words.

"Hey." Chan crooned back. "I see you figured out how to speak to me properly."

Almost.

"Almost." Chan chuckled.

"You heard that?"

"Yeah. But it looks like you've made some progress, hm? You can practice some more later."

"Okay..." I mumbled. "Where are you? Have you gone home yet?"

"I'm about to go on a hunt. I like to stretch my legs a bit after a busy day, so I usually do. Why?"

"No reason..."

"Do you want to see me?" He asked with a slight mischievous tone. "I can call off the hunt if you want. It's really more for sport than anything. We have plenty of fresh food available."

"No. If it's routine for you, I don't want to interrupt. But...can you try and be home before bed?"

"Aww. Do you not want to sleep alone?" He cooed.

"I can sleep alone perfectly fine, thank you." I grumbled. Then, I paused, gulping, before I continued. "But...I wouldn't mind your presence that much...I mean, if you behave. I'll let you sleep next to me if you behave."

"You're brave enough to try and kick me out of my own bed?"

"As your future husband, I think it's more appropriate to call it our bed. And as the omega in the relationship, this bed is 51% mine, and 49% percent yours, dear alpha that is very capable of sleeping on the floor if you anger your future mate."

"I did not realize that I was paying to give away my bed." He said with a grumble. "I'll consider behaving. But you'd best take into consideration which one of us is bigger. You may be a scary omega capable of wacking me with a shoe, but I am a pack leader with years of training. If I have to fight for the bed, I will."